Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

Need advice on starting a farm

Register

Click Here!

prachi_umesh

We are a couple who are very interested in starting a farm...preferably an organic or MAP farm. But since one of us is in a touring job, we will not be able to devote our complete time to farming for a few more years till I retire. What are the best options for us now? Should we invest with someone else for a while and learn? We have parents who can look after the land in our absence so is it advisable to buy some land and start with something easy? Really appreciate any expert responses from this learned community as we are absolutely new to farming but very passionate about it.

Ashwini

Hi

If your parents are aged its not advisable to let them take care of farm instead go in for contract farming and later when you retire you can do it yourself
Ashwini

ponsanthan

Farming

This is time consuming job, there is nothing harm in doing it. you search a suitable land just from one acre to several acres based on your budjet, select a place with transport facility, good ground water and good soil, purchase it. investing in a land is better than investing in gold, you can make a farm house, you can grow vegetables , fruiting trees, flowers for your family. it is a healthy exercise for you. if you are capable you can maintain a milk cow also. you can get gobar gas for your house.

rk1306

Welcome to land of neo-farmers!

We are a couple who are very interested in starting a farm...preferably an organic or MAP farm. But since one of us is in a touring job, we will not be able to devote our complete time to farming for a few more years till I retire. What are the best options for us now? Should we invest with someone else for a while and learn? We have parents who can look after the land in our absence so is it advisable to buy some land and start with something easy? Really appreciate any expert responses from this learned community as we are absolutely new to farming but very passionate about it.
Hi Prachi/Umesh,
I am Rahul Kulkarni from Mumbai. I have been an advertising professional for last 18 years. Had zero knowledge about farming 2 years back. I have taken up farming seriously and having fun with it since 2007. I am farming turmeric, vegetables, watermelons, marigold in 8 acreas of land in Ratnagiri. Will love to share my experiences and learnings with you. You can contact me or mail me . Please note, I havent given up on my asvertising profession yet. I travel 'EVERY' weekend fro mumbai to konkan and back to pursue my passion.
Hope to talk to you two, soon.

Last edited by a moderator:

manoj joshi

HI
I am manoj joshi from nasik
Me & parents are farmer , we do farming from many years. I have 14acres land in nasik district & cultivate all type of farming goods

i am interest to join with u

wait for ur reply

manoj joshi
Please contact...

I am Narayana from Nashik.
I stay in Nashik.
I have land in Karnataka.
I am doing farming there.
I go to my farm about once a month.
I have started natural farming(without fertilizers & pesticides) this year.
I can guide you.
You may contact me

Narayana

vishwakarma

Green House - Dairy - Retirement Home Integrtaed Project

Hello,

I am pleased to inform you that we are setting up Green House - Dairy - Retirement Home Integrated Project near Bangalore

This will be our next project, after our present Green House Project in Rajastan.

You will get all the information about our current project in Rajasthan on the project website

This upcoming project near Bangalore will be little different from our present project in the state of Rajasthan

We are in process of setting up website for the upcoming Bangalore project also.

This upcoming project near Bangalore will be combination of

1) Green House Based vegetables - flowers - fruits growing activity

2) Dairy Farming activity

2) Retirement Home / Vacation Home / Agro Tourism activity

Presently we are discussing this above mentioned project with many interested prospective investors / land holders / project partners / Institutional Investors.

The total area covered by this our upcoming project will be 1000 acres, at one place or combination of small lands at different places near Bangalore.

"Green House - Dairy - Retirement Homes Project" will offer to the investors

* Health
* Wealth (min 100 % ROI)
* Mental peace, Self spiritual development through "AGRI - CULTURE"

To get more details please send your contact details by sending private message to me, I will give provide my contact details to you.

Regards

MRC

vearth

To all those absentee landlords and aspiring farmers,work the week ends at an organic farm and understand the nuances of daily farm activity.Timing is the essence of successfull farming.Treat it as source of livelihood,rather than a hobby.
best of luck and cheers
vearth

ganapati

Hi Prachi/Umesh,
I am Rahul Kulkarni from Mumbai. I have been an advertising professional for last 18 years. Had zero knowledge about farming 2 years back. I have taken up farming seriously and having fun with it since 2007. I am farming turmeric, vegetables, watermelons, marigold in 8 acreas of land in Ratnagiri. Will love to share my experiences and learnings with you. You can contact me or mail me . Please note, I havent given up on my asvertising profession yet. I travel 'EVERY' weekend fro mumbai to konkan and back to pursue my passion.
Hope to talk to you two, soon.
Dear Rahul,
I need your kind guidance on developing my farm with following desription:-
PROPERTY AT DEHEN

1. I own a small, hilly, laterite land admeasuring 7.5 acres at post Dehen, Tal. Dapoli, Dist. Ratnagiri of Konkan region in Maharashtra. Dehen is a small village, 28 km. from Mandangad ( A taluka place),on Mandangad-Anjarle Road and 20 km. from Dapoli (Nearest Taluka place).
2. There are 100, 5 yrs. old mango plants & 25 fruiting cashew nut plants.
3. My interest is to grow Rudraksha (Elaeocarpus ganitrus) varieties (Total 350 all over the world known in Australia as Blue Berry Ash/Quandong etc.)
4. The project includes development of a "Nakshatravan" as well.
5. The land has a kuccha well admeasuring 25 feet in diameter, kuccha approach road admeasuring 1100 ft.in length & 15 ft. in breadth,10 HP power connection & a pucca house admesuring 450 sq. ft. with three rooms & veranda.
6. The entire land is not fenced, saucer shaped ,bottom height 80 M above sea level, peripheral height(rim) 105 M above sea level with a gradient of about 30 degree.
7. Konkan season is heavy rains in monsoon(4 months) followed by scarcity of water for 8 months, very hot & humid in summer(sea shore at 8 km.).

wapang

need help in starting a farm

Hello
I am from Nagaland, Dimapur. I am interested in green house farming of vegetables like tomato, chillies, etc. I would like to start this for commercial purpose however I am no idea how to go about it. If there is anyone who can provide genuine assistance please get in touch with me.

vishwakarma

Hello
I am from Nagaland, Dimapur. I am interested in green house farming of vegetables like tomato, chillies, etc. I would like to start this for commercial purpose however I am no idea how to go about it. If there is anyone who can provide genuine assistance please get in touch with me.
Hello,

WE are in position to offer project with

* 100 % buy back agreement
* ROI min 100% per year and above
* Investment, minimum Rs 2,50,000=00 for 1000 mts sq green house

If required we can arrange the investors, to invest in these projects and set up project in joint venture / profit sharing basis, with land owners, who are not in position to invest all the money required.

Please have look at information below;

This is golden opp, for the the people having agriculture land, to earn 100% ROI from investment in the Green House - Dairy Integrated Project

I am please to inform you that we are promoting, all over India, our Green House - Dairy Integrated Project, growing vegetables / fruits / flowers in the green house, for high end customers and export market,

We offer 100% buy back contracts for the purchase of vegetables / fruits / flowers and milk produced in this Green House - Dairy Integrated Project

We are implementing this Green House - Dairy Integrated Project all over India, with target of setting up total 10,000 green houses, having area of 1000 sq mts each.

There will be a small dairy farm integrated with Green house of 1000 sq mts, having 10 nos cow/buffalo. This will help producing organic produce in the green house and additional income to the land holders.

In the Phase one implementation of the project we will first set up 1000 sq mt green house or of larger area if land and investment is available.

In the phase two of this project we will integrate small dairy farm having min 10 cow / buffalo, so that we will able to switch over to the totally organic farming and generating additional income.

A concept demonstration pilot project is already set up in the state of Rajasthan, by ten farmers, having total ten green houses, having area of 1000 sq. mts each.

A website is set up, for giving all the details about the concept demonstration pilot project in the state of Rajasthan.

One green houses of 1000 mts sq area, will be producing avg total 100 kg of color capsicum per day, for next about 150 days starting from the third week of August 2010.

Expected revenue generated will be Rs. 7,50,000=00 for one green house in 150 days, with expected avg farm gate price of Rs. 50=00 per kg, for the color capsicum that will be produced in these green houses.

The total investment in the green house having area of 1000 mts sq is Rs 10,00,000=00

There is 75% govt subsidy available in states of Rajasthan. Similarly subsidy (in some states 50%) is also available in other states of India.

This concept demonstration pilot project in the state of Rajasthan is put up with availing Govt subsidy.

For setting up one green house of 1000 sq mt area, 75%, i.e. Rs. 7,50,000=00 is received in the form of Govt. subsidy and farmers have invested Rs. 2,50,000=00

We expect that the ten farmers, in this concept demonstration pilot project will able to recover all their investment of Rs. 2,50,000=00 in the one season of 6 months only

Even without subsidy the land owners can recover the investment within two to three years.

To get more details please send your contact details by sending private message to me, I will give provide my contact details to you.

Regards

MRC

prachi_umesh

Dear Rahul,
Well your response is certainly very encouraging. Lets hope we can say the same thing a couple of years later too. So how do we go about sharing our experience since the site won't allow contact info to be displayed yet.