Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

natural fencing for a commercial farmland

Register

Click Here!

lucky

Hello every one !!
here i would like to request all of our members to please help ' suggest me the cheap/natural fenceing ( vegitation /plants/trees ) for the commercial farm ,to protect our goats,poultry and cows. which does not need much more attention/water and labour and specific climatic conditions,.
i read one v good article from one of our member i think 6 months ago in our forum , it was great,by some naturalist, but is missing in my favourites.
ALL ARE WELCOME TO SUGGEST , what ever ideas you`ll have, PLZZZZZZZZ DO IT NOW.
i m unable to find it now.
plz help me and guide me for the same .
i will be very thankful.
regards

Last edited:

gujcoldstorage

[dear mr lucky

u can plant bamboo on the borders and it will grow, than a plant know aakar is also good or u can go for some medicinal plant that has thorn so u r both purpose will solve this is what we do in gujarat,india

vgpraveenkumar

The cheapest and maintenance free could be Kiluvai (Tamil name). I just made for my farm in Erode.It cost me about Rs.12000 to cover 160M X 180M . I can help if your are near to erode.

ahir

The cheapest and maintenance free could be Kiluvai (Tamil name). I just made for my farm in Erode.It cost me about Rs.12000 to cover 160M X 180M . I can help if your are near to erode.
i am also interested,send me the pictures of your plantation also the zoomed images of the plant.
Please contact....

Regards,

Last edited by a moderator:

srinivas_cts

Hi someone had said, KILUVAI is super duper. Thats true.

Check with that erode guy.

Thanks
Srini

Hello every one !!
here i would like to request all of our members to please help ' suggest me the cheap/natural fenceing ( vegitation /plants/trees ) for the commercial farm ,to protect our goats,poultry and cows. which does not need much more attention/water and labour and specific climatic conditions,.
i read one v good article from one of our member i think 6 months ago in our forum , it was great,by some naturalist, but is missing in my favourites.
ALL ARE WELCOME TO SUGGEST , what ever ideas you`ll have, PLZZZZZZZZ DO IT NOW.
i m unable to find it now.
plz help me and guide me for the same .
i will be very thankful.
regards

brreddy

Dear Lucky, a plant called by us is "Manchi chilla"(Telugu) is good enough for farm land. a piece cutting with one foot gap can easily established during rainy season. it is thorny, semi bushy in type and slow growth. it takes appro. two years for good fence depending on the density of plants on the boarder. these are available on the boarders of many fields near Kandukur, kanigiri areas of Prakasam dt.AP. Of course, my land near kanigiri also. overgrowth cuttings can be obtained freely.

B R Reddy
Kavali, AP