Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

Mushroom Production

Register

Click Here!

radinpn1

Dear brothers,
kindly anybody inform me how to grow the mashroom in my home.

Thank you,
Shihab
Please contact...........

Last edited by a moderator:

kirti s

dear sir,

which prefers 36 to 38 degree C so by using natural climet u can cultivate, better cantact near by Horticulture dept as u are going to get subsidy also establishing, substrate is essential Paddy straw is well suited soak in cold water for 8 hrs, later boil the straw for 2 hrs so that it will kill the contaminants then shade dry put it in PP cover which is having 150 gauge 20/6 to quarter part of bag sow the seeds again refill the bag sow the seed such three layrs can be made finally tie the tip and keep it far 18 days. after 18 days top is opened casing material is put on the top so that it willl provide physical support to mushroom(Casing material can be one part FYM, One part Sand and one part red earth which is sterilized) after 15 days u can c the milky mushroom after maturity it is cut and marketed such three crops can be taken.

pls let us know the place which u belong so that we can select the mushroom which is suitable.

Regards

Kirtis

Ashwini

Hello Mr. ShiHab,

MUshrooms can be cultivated at home.The simplest way is to buy a kit or a inoculated log from a reputable supplier, follow the instructions and enjoy a few crops of mushrooms. Typical kits available are Shiitake, and various Oyster species. The selection of species in kit form is limited so if you are interested in some of the more exotic mushrooms the only solution is to make your own. Most of the primary wood decomposers can be grown indoors on a block made up of sawdust, wood chips and bran. The ingredients are mixed together and placed in autoclavable polypropylene bags that have a breathable patch ( a filter that allows the exchange of gases). The bags are then sterilised to kill all bacteria and competitor fungi. After sterilisation and cool down grain spawn is mixed into the sawdust in a sterile environment and the bags sealed. The mycelium will run through this mixture in 3-4 weeks at 75 F (25C). After full colonisation the "blocks" are removed to a growing room where the bag is removed. The growing room is kept at a constant temperature and high humidity thereby promoting the fruiting of the mushrooms. After the mushrooms are picked the blocks are rested for 2 weeks and the cycle is begun again by soaking them in water.

You have any further queries you can post them.

Regards
Ashwini

radinpn1

Dear Kirt/ Ashwini,
Thnak you for your prompt response and kindness. could you explain me the casing material like FYM. I will contact with Horticulture Dept and learn more.

I wish you all a life long success.

Thanks again,
Shihab..
Please contact.....

Last edited by a moderator:

kirti s

Dear Sir

It includes wheat straw, maize cobs and other similar cellulosic plant wastes with or without horse-manure. Conventionally wheat straw either alone or mixed with horse-manure is the most widely used base material. Rice and barley straws are quite soft and decompose quickly, leaving only a little fibre for imparting a proper physical structure to the compost. Therefore the types and quantity of supplement should be discretely utilized at the proper time.
Supplements. These are for activating fermentation and can be categorised as :
Animal dungs. These include horse- and chicken-manure, the extremely variable manures in composition. Nitrogen cantent may vary from 1 to almost 5% . In addition to nutrients, they contribute greatly to the final bulk density of the compost. cow manure is not considered suitable.

jkssingh

Mushroom cultivation and casing

please inform what mushroom and what quantity you want to grow.
we will give you simplest and cheapest methods to grow mushrooms. composting and casing formula, methods of preparation, sterilization and application etc.
please also inform me your location and climate zone to find out suitable mushroom , variety. we may also help you to assist in the marketing.

we give free support to poors/ unemployed/ womens .