Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

Mushroom marketing in India and Abroad

Register

Click Here!

rahullsud

Hi I am looking at growing mushrooms..... to start with 1000 kg per day either in Punjab or Himachal............ Just wondering what would be the best way and which way I could market my mushrooms...........trying to study the market ....requirement....transportation.....equipment.......automated systems......post harvest technology....... etc........

You could write to me,please contact...

Last edited by a moderator:

kirti s

Dear sir,

Lot questions in yr single question i will try best to answer yr questions, firstly as u belong to himachal naturally u can cultivate Button mushroom but intially 1000 kg per day would be imaginery figure bcz totoal consumption in bangalore is around 1000kg, it doest mean that it is small but lot of demand but unable to meet it. to start with 50 kg / day is ideal and economically fesible one then u can increase the capacity the process is 2 & half months per cycle cultivation details pls visit Solan Horticulture university lot of reserch is going on in north then south.
Marketing of butten mushroom is considered N number of products can be prepared from especially butten i.e., powder, marinated,preservedin salt so on. intrestingly it is having higest shelf life than any other mushroom, as i said earlyer lot demand we unable to meet.

Kirti s.