Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

Mr. Raghav Baldwa - Transforms lives of consumers and fellow farmers

Register

Click Here!

editorialteam

Transforms lives of consumers and fellow farmers. Based at Indore, Madhya Pradesh

With no farming background, Mr. Raghav Baldwa, 25, has taken the responsibility to improve the health and wealth of his family through organic farming. He is committed to provide easy access of chemical free food to the consumers at affordable prices. He also helps debt-stricken farmers to be free from the financial burden and gets them started with chemical free farming. “To grow, eat and sell poison free food for good health was the reason why I turned into a farmer from marketing professional! The results attained are phenomenal,” he describes the drive to take up farming professionally.
Raghav Baldwa.jpg
Mr. Raghav Baldwa

He started farming along with his father in April 2015 on 23 acre self-owned farm at Harjipura village, 80 km from Indore city, Madhya Pradesh. Strictly organic farming is practiced at the farm where no trace of chemicals ever used. “Prior to purchasing the farmland I did an extensive research on chemical free farming practices and also its scope in domestic and international market. During the research I was convinced that it is possible to grow food naturally and it is the future! Hence I stepped in this profession. At our farm we do mixed farming of various crops in spices, pulses, grains, oilseeds, vegetable and fruits. The soil is fed with vermicompost manure, bio gas slurry and cow based farming inputs. Farm has designated dairy unit having native cow breeds. To safeguard the crop from pest and disease we use decoction made from medicinal leaves such as neem, lemon grass and senna sophera (kasaundi in Hindi) etc,” he shares. The farm is certified by Madhya Pradesh State Organic Certification Agency (MPSOCA).
Raghav Baldwa - Mangalam Organics.jpg

Slowly but steadily Mr. Baldwa expanded the farming acreage by taking the farmland on lease from the farmers who had huge debt to pay back. In less than two years 32 acres farmland has been taken on lease from debt-stricken farmers for cultivating various crops. “Their lands were left barren because they didn’t have money to carry on with the farming in their usual way that is using chemical based agri inputs. Therefore we took the land on lease and hired their services on pay roll basis. In this way they shall be staying in the villages connected with their roots, will not migrate to cities for doing odd jobs and soon shall be debt free!” he asserts. The number of farmers in the network is increasing everyday!

In addition many farmers are also associated with Mr. Baldwa to unlearn scientific farming methodologies and learn chemical free farming practices. They sell their farm produce to Mr. Baldwa. “Their farmland is in the course of conversion and certification from MPSOCA is in process. I provide them every possible assistance and information on certification because it is mandatory when it comes to selling. My experience says the organic certification is tedious but important process that every farmer must take it. If done through government organic certifying agencies it is cost effective.”
Raghav Baldwa - Farm.jpg

All the produce from 55 acre farmlands is harvested, processed and packed in-house. “We are independent with respect to production and sales. All our 45-50 agricultural commodities are produced and sold by us through our own company Mangalam Organic Foods under the brand name Mangalam Organics. There are only two levels in our marketing system – producers and consumers. Hence the products are priced competitively with the inorganically produced items. Besides there is no middleman involved either hence prices are at par and very much affordable to the consumers. We feel it is the right of every human being to have access to nutritious food and we are here to fulfill the same,” he claims.

The products are sold to consumers directly in Indore Organic Farmer Market, home delivered and soon will be sold through mobile store. “Few years back my family used to run super market in 3000 sq feet area. Those consumers are now the customers of Mangalam Organics. Moreover, it is spreading through word of mouth as the cost and quality of the products is assured. Also in a coming month we are going to launch our own organic food selling trucks. It shall move across Indore city as per the well-planned schedule carrying all our products for direct sale to the consumers,” he adds.
Raghav Baldwa's farm.jpg

In future along with farming Mr. Baldwa plans to provide consultancy throughout the country on organic certification as well as venture into agri tourism. “It is imperative for people to know and understand how the food is grown. Then only food growing producers will be recognized for their efforts and hard work. I am also working on few technologies that shall be able to boost the yield saving the limited resources precisely water,” he reveals his plans.

At a young age, Mr. Baldwa has hands-on experience working with different start-ups in India and France at various capacities. “It gave me a good exposure with respect to business operations, finance and people management. Moving to farming as profession was a not easy step but it is the future! I strongly believe, 10 years from now farmers in India shall have the respect as that of doctors in the society. Good health will be in hands of family farmer instead of family doctor,” he signs off.

Contact details:
Mangalam Organic Foods
104 HB Scheme number 94, Near Teen Imli Square, Ring Road, Indore – 452001, Madhya Pradesh
Phone: 094250 69230
Email: baldwaraghav@gmail.com

poojadby

Transforms lives of consumers and fellow farmers. Based at Indore, Madhya Pradesh

With no farming background, Mr. Raghav Baldwa, 25, has taken the responsibility to improve the health and wealth of his family through organic farming. He is committed to provide easy access of chemical free food to the consumers at affordable prices. He also helps debt-stricken farmers to be free from the financial burden and gets them started with chemical free farming. “To grow, eat and sell poison free food for good health was the reason why I turned into a farmer from marketing professional! The results attained are phenomenal,” he describes the drive to take up farming professionally.
View attachment 1609
Mr. Raghav Baldwa

He started farming along with his father in April 2015 on 23 acre self-owned farm at Harjipura village, 80 km from Indore city, Madhya Pradesh. Strictly organic farming is practiced at the farm where no trace of chemicals ever used. “Prior to purchasing the farmland I did an extensive research on chemical free farming practices and also its scope in domestic and international market. During the research I was convinced that it is possible to grow food naturally and it is the future! Hence I stepped in this profession. At our farm we do mixed farming of various crops in spices, pulses, grains, oilseeds, vegetable and fruits. The soil is fed with vermicompost manure, bio gas slurry and cow based farming inputs. Farm has designated dairy unit having native cow breeds. To safeguard the crop from pest and disease we use decoction made from medicinal leaves such as neem, lemon grass and senna sophera (kasaundi in Hindi) etc,” he shares. The farm is certified by Madhya Pradesh State Organic Certification Agency (MPSOCA).
View attachment 1610

Slowly but steadily Mr. Baldwa expanded the farming acreage by taking the farmland on lease from the farmers who had huge debt to pay back. In less than two years 32 acres farmland has been taken on lease from debt-stricken farmers for cultivating various crops. “Their lands were left barren because they didn’t have money to carry on with the farming in their usual way that is using chemical based agri inputs. Therefore we took the land on lease and hired their services on pay roll basis. In this way they shall be staying in the villages connected with their roots, will not migrate to cities for doing odd jobs and soon shall be debt free!” he asserts. The number of farmers in the network is increasing everyday!

In addition many farmers are also associated with Mr. Baldwa to unlearn scientific farming methodologies and learn chemical free farming practices. They sell their farm produce to Mr. Baldwa. “Their farmland is in the course of conversion and certification from MPSOCA is in process. I provide them every possible assistance and information on certification because it is mandatory when it comes to selling. My experience says the organic certification is tedious but important process that every farmer must take it. If done through government organic certifying agencies it is cost effective.”
View attachment 1611

All the produce from 55 acre farmlands is harvested, processed and packed in-house. “We are independent with respect to production and sales. All our 45-50 agricultural commodities are produced and sold by us through our own company Mangalam Organic Foods under the brand name Mangalam Organics. There are only two levels in our marketing system – producers and consumers. Hence the products are priced competitively with the inorganically produced items. Besides there is no middleman involved either hence prices are at par and very much affordable to the consumers. We feel it is the right of every human being to have access to nutritious food and we are here to fulfill the same,” he claims.

The products are sold to consumers directly in Indore Organic Farmer Market, home delivered and soon will be sold through mobile store. “Few years back my family used to run super market in 3000 sq feet area. Those consumers are now the customers of Mangalam Organics. Moreover, it is spreading through word of mouth as the cost and quality of the products is assured. Also in a coming month we are going to launch our own organic food selling trucks. It shall move across Indore city as per the well-planned schedule carrying all our products for direct sale to the consumers,” he adds.
View attachment 1612

In future along with farming Mr. Baldwa plans to provide consultancy throughout the country on organic certification as well as venture into agri tourism. “It is imperative for people to know and understand how the food is grown. Then only food growing producers will be recognized for their efforts and hard work. I am also working on few technologies that shall be able to boost the yield saving the limited resources precisely water,” he reveals his plans.

At a young age, Mr. Baldwa has hands-on experience working with different start-ups in India and France at various capacities. “It gave me a good exposure with respect to business operations, finance and people management. Moving to farming as profession was a not easy step but it is the future! I strongly believe, 10 years from now farmers in India shall have the respect as that of doctors in the society. Good health will be in hands of family farmer instead of family doctor,” he signs off.

<3<3
Email: baldwaraghav@gmail.com
Hello Mr Raghav,
I am from Indore, and I am growing oyster (dhingri) mushrooms, if we follow organic method can u purchase from us.
Thanks
Dr.Pooja Dubey Pandey

venkcae3

Hi Mr raghav we are from Hyderabad having 1500 kg red gram grown fully organic method will u purchase? Please contact 9666647177

happi

`We can offer Organic Curcumin, MUCUNA, Ginger. etc.
Would you like to purchase regularly.
Call: +91-9869049987.
Hozefa Kagalwala