Modern agriculture.

Register

mosellemontreal

Respected all. I was instructed to submit my question in this part of the site and was told that I will be given best of the advice.
I am working out the nation, but want to start modern farming. I got some Land in Sonepat, and some in Rohtak, both are in Haryana..
Land in Sonepat is very fertile and plenty water is available. its next to the pond in the village.
The land in Rohtak is a bit Dry and irrigation is mainly thru canals system which is in scarcity..
I own a tractor and all the conventional equipment for farming.
Budget is not the issue.. Kidly advice best practices, crops and equipments required for maximimum outcome, without harming the land.
Also, will be thankful if u can advice the best market for the above mentioned crops. As I am still new, would like complete imformation on the cultivation. If someone you can offer me some newsletter, or specific books to get more knowlegde, it wil be very kind of you.

atulkalaskar

Have you given a thought to Hydroponics? This an art and a science of growing plants in a controlled environment and without soil. This technology introduces the concept "Resource Efficiency" which is never imagined in Indian agriculture.

If you are looking at high yield, top most quality, highly efficient system of Agriculture then Hydroponics is the way to go. That is of course you are doing it as a business and not as a hobby.

It requires capital investments such as green house etc but your sales are 10 times higher which makes it viable business scenario.

Take a look at my strawberry Cultivation project YouTube - straw berrry in poly house 7/12

this will give you a glimpse.

Best Regards

Atul Kalaskar

Last edited by a moderator:

sabujayan

Dear sir :
It is fine that you are thinking modern agriculture.
To start a farm I don't think books or any writing material would be of much help to you,still I suggest you to visit Delhi Book store,Daliagaunj,old Delhi,those who have huge collection of agricultural books.But agricuture is a practising science ,it requires methodical training.
Any way,to get proper advice please let me know the size of holdings of the lands,then comes crop selection,which will be decided with agroclimatic condition of your area and present market(mandi) location where the produce will be sold.
To start with it is enough for the day more if you are really interested I will definitly cooperate you.
Don't think for a high investment at the initial stage.
Thanks,
D.Ghosh,M.Sc(Ag)Hort

tankala

about land

respected sir/madam,
my name is T.GANESHWARA RAO,,visakhapatnam,i have got 120 acors.22km towards ramabadrapuram jn 70km towards vizianagram and 5 km towards dam. i am interesting to sell or to devolpement for agreeculture purpose and interesting about oil palm,herbel,sobab,sarvey and ucoliptus. and land satus:-1) 45 feet deapth water , 2)2 inch water supply. 3)black soil. 4) loose soil.5)drinage land.

p_k_nandanan

Agriculture practices

Hi,

If you are getting into agriculture it will be better if you can do organic/natural farming so that your soil will be healthy and in turn you will also be healthy. Modern chemical based agriculture is polluting the water/environment/soil and causes major health problems.

Even though reading alone won't help some amount of initial reading will be useful as well as meeting a number of good farmers also will be useful.

Here are some good books which will be a starter...One straw revolution - Masanobu Fukuoka
Zero budget natural farming - Subash Palekar

Regards,
Nandan

atulkalaskar

Hi Nandan,

I certainly find the notion of Zero budget farming romantic to say the least. Other than books, do we have any working business model built around this concept where one can really undertake this farming as a business and have a good life style?

Say how about having 2 acres land that will give you a profit of say 12 lakh per annum, if such business model can be built then we can really have many talented youngsters turn to farming.

Whatever I have read so far of Organic or zero budget farming does not give me any confidence that such income can be assured. May be you can shed some light on this.

Regards

Atul

avnanand

Dear Sir,

Kindly give us your contact number we will call you and discuss with you indetail about this project.

Please contact...

REgards,

A. Anand

psp029

Dear sir

You are Welcome. You may contact me

viyors ganga sri energy (P) Limited