Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

milky mushroom cultivation

Register

Click Here!

raveekiran

We are testing new procedures for cultivating milky mushrooms on a large scale, using paddy straw as a substrate seems to be very laborious process

We are looking for ways to make mushroom cultivation process simpler by using coco peat as substrate with additional nitrogen supplements during spawning and casing, also cultivating mushrooms in large 6' x 4' crates/tubs instead of pp bags

Has any one here, has any experience using coco peat as a substrate for growing milky mushrooms?

I would really appreciate your tips and any information that you could share

Thanks

Ashwini

HI

Milky mushrooms can be cultivated using cocopeat. Here is a simple procedure...

Prepare Nutrients and Coco Peat

Blend 1 cup of mixed dried beans in a blender until powdered. Add 1 cup of wheat bran and blend once again until thoroughly mixed.

Break apart one coco peat cube, and place it inside an 18-gallon container. Add one cup of the wheat bran-bean mixture to the coco peat. Mix in one gallon of water to just moisten the coco peat mix.

Open a 13-by-14-inch clear plastic bag on a flat surface and place a 2-inch layer of the coco peat mixture in the bottom. Add half a handful of of milky mushroom spawn seeds inside the outer edge of the bag.

Add another 2-inch layer of the coco peat mixture and then a half handful of milky mushroom spawn seeds inside the outer edge of the plastic.

Add a third layer of the coco peat mixture and a handful of the milky mushroom spawn seeds. Close bag with twist tie.

Repeat steps 2 through 5 for the second plastic bag.

REgards
Ashiwni

raveekiran

Hi Ashiwni,
Thanks for the detailed explanation, the process you have explained works for few beds to few hundred beds, does this process work for a commercial setup as well? if so I would like to discuss the details with you

Also what the C:N ratio we are targeting with BEANS and Wheat Bran?

Thanks
Ravikiran

Best Quality Mushroom Spawn in Bulk

Dear Sirs,
Our company Gayatri AgriHort produces mushroom spawn in bulk in most advanced laboratory.
We produce spawn for Oyster mushrooms, Paddy Straw mushrooms, Milky mushrooms. We can send the spawn to your nearest railway station @ Rs.58 per kilogram (including railway charges + packing).
You can contact us through private message option.
Thanks,
Gayatri AgriHOrt.

eiribooks

Mushroom Cultivation Project Reports

Engineers India Research Institute, technical and financial consultant is a reliable name in the industrial world for offering all type of industrial project reports small scale industrial reports.

Click Here to purchase online

Kindly provide your contact details, Email ID , mobile or contact us at below address so that we can discuss more on this and we can send you Hi-Tech Magazine: (We are getting lot of emails for magazine, please do mentioned complete postal address and mobile number to enable us to dispatch the magazine.):

Email: info@eiribooksandprojectreports.com
Engineers India Research Institute
Address:
4449, Nai Sarak,
Main Road, Delhi - 110006 (India)
Mobile:
+91 - 9811437895 (Mr Sudhir Gupta)
Phone:
+91 - 011 - 23918117,
45626431, 64727385
Website (Online Store):
www.eiribooksandprojectreports.com

HI-TECH PROJECTS : Ask for the free copy of Hi-Tech Projects, Monthly Magazine on New Project Opportunities and Industrial Technologies. Just e-mail us to send a free copy.

aish_311

Hi,

I am planning to start Milky and Oyster mushroom farms.Could you please let me know how much they cost per kg spawn.My nearest railway station is Visakhapatnam.

Last edited by a moderator:

Re:Milky spawn

Dear Friend,
Since the last increase in the prices of both railway freight as well as prices of fuel and plastics we are forced to change the price quoted earlier. Now our price is Rs.65 per kg inclusive of the railway freight uptill the nearest railway station(in your case Vishakhapatnam).
We produce the best spawn as has been proved by our clients spread throughout the country from Kerala,Karnataka,Tamilnadu,Gujarat,Chhatisgarh,Jharkhand,West Bengal and north east states.
For more contact details please send private message.
As regards to the cultivation technique mentioned above by Shri Ashwini I would like to add one comment:- The job of the spawn is to colonise the compost(in this case coco peat); digest it and then channelize the nutrients to the growing pin heads on the top through the casing. So it is better to spread spawn uniformly rather than only on the periphery since they would have to travel inside to colonise the medium anyway and would take more time to do so.
Thanks,
Regards,
Gayatri AGri Hort

shamahe

Hi Ashiwni,
Thanks for the detailed explanation, the process you have explained works for few beds to few hundred beds, does this process work for a commercial setup as well? if so I would like to discuss the details with you

Also what the C:N ratio we are targeting with BEANS and Wheat Bran?

Thanks
Ravikiran
RaviKiran,
The process explained by Mr. Ashwini would not help for commercial purpose because if you are going for spawning of 1MT compost. you cannot go for it.

If you are using poly bags or loading more than 200kg wet compost daily, it would be better that You go for thorough mixing.
If you are using bed/tray system and loading less than 200kg compost you can use surface spawning.

boxtech

Folder gluer machine, Folding and gluing machine, Folder gluer machine manufacturers

Boxtech Bangalore is one of the leading Indian manufacturers of

bmes

Dust Collector manufacturers

BMES specializes in Dust Collector, Dust Collectors, Dust Collection Systems and Industrial [Dust Collectors Equipment Manufacturers[/URL] in Bangalore, India

for more info

pv1962

Would like to start a new Milky Mushroom form. Want complete process document and weather conditions required.
Also want to know the space required to produce 50 Kgs daily. Can any one guide.?

vsjfarms

We have Mushroom spawns (seeds) available for the following varieties of oyster and milky at very low cost

OYSTER MUSHROOM Varieties

1. PF - the White oyster Mushroom
2. CO2 - Grey Oyster
3. APK1 - Pink Oyster

MILKY MUSHROOM Varieties

1. APK2
2. CO3

TISSUE CULTURE TEST TUBE - RS 1500.00
MOTHER SPAWN - RS 300.00
BED SPAWN - RS 24

CONTACT

PHONE - 09894801398
EMAIL - vsjfarms@gmail.com

we are based at coimbatore , we supply spawns throughout india

poojadby

Starting milky mushroom cultivation

Hi all,
I am from Indore. I am just a beginner in mushroom cultivation. I will be thank ful if anybody can guide me a simple protocol for milky mushroom cultivation.also i want to purchase spawn at cheapest price. Please guide me.
Thanks
Pooja