Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

Method for Soil Treatment..

Register

Click Here!

taori

Hi,
Ph value of my soil is very high (upto 9-9.3).
Tell me the method to bring it back to optimum range.
Also let me know the cost of this treatment per acre

abhimaha

Method for soil treatment

Dear Friend,

I will suggest you to use vermicompost. If possible you can use some micro-organisms. Earthworms are the best nutrition managers of soil. It is quite difficult and cumbersome to maintain and nutralise the pH of soil.

Using the above mentioned you can make your soil neutral ( pH 7 to 7.5)

If you wish to know more you can send mail to my email

Last edited by a moderator:

Dear friend,you can mix gypsem to the soil,fill it with water and plough it in water,after a day or two drain the water out.Alternatively green manure like 'dencha' is very effective.Apart from it if you can get straw of paddy,mix it in the soil and fill with water and let it decay.It will help you to solve your problem.Remember your pH is alkaline so I dont agree with treatment with Lime as it is alkaline and only acids can neutralise alkalies,as somebody suggested.

bharat98

The organic matter of soil only makes up a part of the soil, but is critical for providing nutritional value to plants. Organic matter includes decomposed animals and plants. The amount of organic matter in the ground can be brought up by including rich compost, pet fertilizer, peat moss.
If soil contains any substances or harmful toxins like oil, alkali or some other non-degradable content, we can break down those harmful content by using microbes.