Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

melia dubia details please

Register

Click Here!

sudhirrd

I have existing 3 acres mango plantation(2 yr old) and 2 acres virgin-land. I am planning to have melia dubia plantation in that 2 acres along with borders of mango plantation. Can anyone suggest/correct me on the below please?

1. Initially I wanted to go with sandalwood or teak plantation, now I think melia dubia is better based on its less time of yield

2. How many melia dubia saplings per acre would be ideal?

3. Heard that only initial 2 year of watering is required, later it grows on its-own, is it correct?

4. What price per plant can we expect after 7 years?

5. Is marketing easy?

6. Is buy-back option better ?

thanks in advance
Sudhir

venkateurs

I have existing 3 acres mango plantation(2 yr old) and 2 acres virgin-land. I am planning to have melia dubia plantation in that 2 acres along with borders of mango plantation. Can anyone suggest/correct me on the below please?

1. Initially I wanted to go with sandalwood or teak plantation, now I think melia dubia is better based on its less time of yield

2. How many melia dubia saplings per acre would be ideal?

3. Heard that only initial 2 year of watering is required, later it grows on its-own, is it correct?

4. What price per plant can we expect after 7 years?

5. Is marketing easy?

6. Is buy-back option better ?

thanks in advance
Sudhir
Mr sudhir,
We have melia dubia saplings near Mysore-karnataka. the saplings are generated through seed germination which is ideal.
As you have decided for melia dubia. We have planted melia dubia for 6acres in the area where we have these saplings. It can sustain with less water and with correct water supply it can grow better. Be careful, more than sufficient water leads to Root rot. The Minimum distance preferred is 10feet by 10feet. That is Approx 350-400 trees per acre.The Prices keep raising year after year. Marketing would not be a problem, since these trees are on demand. Right from local vendors to the plywood factorys would be interested to buy these trees.
If you require saplings kindly contact us [9880589787]Nine eight eight zero five eight nine seven eight seven.