Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

Marketing of Agriculture produce

Register

Click Here!

agricose

Being a Moderator I welcome all of you on this forum.

In this forum you can discuss your all the problems related to the marketing of the Agriculture produce. I will try to solve your problems. Make it clear this is not a buy and sell forum so keep the advertisement about your product away from this forum otherwise these will be deleted and your membership can be put on suspension. You can ask your question related to agriculture produce marketing.

How to market your produce?
Where to market your produce ?
When to market your produce ?

We will also discuss about the govt scheme and financial assistance about the agriculture produce marketing.

Since agriculture commodities are highly perishable in nature so the self life is also major constraints.

Export import is also a good scope of the marketing of agriculture produce we will also discuss on the same.

Feel free to ask your query.

Thanks you..........

nitinmku

I own a farm in Thane district, approx. 80 kms. from Mumbai and am growing Kesar Mangoes. The complete farm is grown organically and at present is under conversion. Last year cultivated around 1 Ton of Kesar manoges, however am finding it very difficult for marketing. At present am selling it to local dealer at very low rate.

rmathews

niti bhai

for Kesar mango, gujarat has good market. here in Agriculture department conduct Sales meet for mango for almost 30-45days in summar

or you can directly reach to Gujarat retailers/consumers for better realisation. here it sell not below rs 30/kg

rgds
mathew

kbreddy

jai sriram paddy

I want to sale 200 bags of 70 kg per jai sriram paddy two mounts back harvested interesting so contact

Last edited by a moderator:

bharatbook

Agriculture market

I own a farm in Thane district, approx. 80 kms. from Mumbai and am growing Kesar Mangoes. The complete farm is grown organically and at present is under conversion. Last year cultivated around 1 Ton of Kesar manoges, however am finding it very difficult for marketing. At present am selling it to local dealer at very low rate.
Rather than selling to local dealer best thing is explore other places, somebody has suggested Gujrat yes it is okay, get experience of different markets and stick with any one of them whos beneficial for you..
All the best

chikpea

What is the prospects of coriander prices in the near future. I am asking this as a farmer from Coimbatore, Tamilnadu

nkjohri

Export of Goat meat

there is good market in Assam, Delhi For frozen pork .
if you want more information search for pork market on our site.
Hi Bharatbook - any idea which countries often import large volumes of goat meat from India? Thanks..

spatank

Arecanut (supari) selling

I understand that arecanut needs to be sold in APMC market. Are there any other ways of getting better prices for farmers? Any other selling channels?

mihir1974

Marketing

Dear all,

We have Banana crop on 5 acre land in Thane dist. We get a good yield of 25-30 kgs per plant with 12 - 13 combs per tree. However we donot get good rate through the local dealers. At the price offered it is difficult to cover the inputs, labour and electricity cost. Please advice how to get a good rate for our crop. B R // Mihir

marigold

Floricultue

Dear Moderator,

We have a farm on the outskirts of Mumbai where we grow gerbera under 2 polyhouses and open field roses and sonchafa. At present we are marketing them to the local Dadar flower market. Involvement of middle men and current drop in prices has become very cumbersome and i am unable to cover my costs. Also owing to labour issues the volumes are also low.

Can u suggest me alternative ways to market my produce (diversification into variants etc) so as to make this venture more profitable?

Regards

anavekars

i own a land in belgaum ,karnataka and want to cultivate herbs ,but have no knowledge . can u provide what herb to grow and where are its market.

manojsinghchandel

Finding out buyers for your pigs depends upon many factors. Like how much quantity, which breed, what is the av. weight etc.

You can contact

Darshan Foods Pvt. Ltd.
801 Udyog Vihar Phase V, Gurgaon-122 016,
Haryana, India.
+91 124 410 9191

manojsinghchandel

You can contact the Regional Medical Research Centre (RMRC, Belgaum) who conducts research on traditional and herbal medicines and on diseases of local health importance. They will guide you on this. Marketing depends upon many factors of production, quality, quantity etc.

manojsinghchandel

Try to find out banana ripenening chamber and cold storage on rental basis. Store your produce there for some days till you get good prices. Than release it in market.

sodhaky

You may start producing steam distillation plant not the chemical solvent plant this will give you low yield but very high quality you may get this local make or made in Taiwan in copper metal costing not more than 1.5 lac on site instead to sell the flowers this oil has very long shelf life and high demand in perfume industries in India and abroad
ketan sodha - sodhaky@mtnl.net.in

sodhaky

(We have a farm on the outskirts of Mumbai where we grow gerbera under 2 polyhouses and open field roses and sonchafa. At present we are marketing them to the local Dadar flower market. Involvement of middle men and current drop in prices has become very cumbersome and i am unable to cover my costs. Also owing to labour issues the volumes are also low.

Can u suggest me alternative ways to market my produce (diversification into variants etc) so as to make this venture more profitable?)
You may start producing steam distillation plant not the chemical solvent plant this will give you low yield but very high quality you may get this local make or made in Taiwan in copper metal costing not more than 1.5 lac on site instead to sell the flowers this oil has very long shelf life and high demand in perfume industries in India and abroad
Ketan Sodha – sodhaky@mtnl.net.in