Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

Mango Tree Cultivation

Register

Click Here!

faisal baloch

Hello,
i want to plant round about 100 Mango trees. i want to know that whether the only way to have mango plants is by its seed or we can have its plants from market.

padmanabhan_ganesan

Hello,
i want to plant round about 100 Mango trees. i want to know that whether the only way to have mango plants is by its seed or we can have its plants from market.
Hi faisal baloch,

Its better to go for saplings available from the market. Also, plan to get saplings of different varieties of Mangoes which bear in three different time period. This way you will get mangoes starting from Apr to Aug.

If you go for seeds, you may not get the same characteristics of the mother plant and hence you may end up having different taste and quality of mangoes.

Regards
Padmanabhan Ganesan
Agriculture for Everybody

saroni

Hi faisal,

Mango cultivation go for only graft sampling ,pl collect regular bearing varities mini 2 season,cultivation organic methods ,Bcz yield and taste ,price higher only

organic cultivation methods, your not mension your area/ state,This is helpful for selection of mango varities from ur area.

sivakumar,
Tirunelveli.

navanna

Hi faisal baloch,

Its better to go for saplings available from the market. Also, plan to get saplings of different varieties of Mangoes which bear in three different time period. This way you will get mangoes starting from Apr to Aug.

If you go for seeds, you may not get the same characteristics of the mother plant and hence you may end up having different taste and quality of mangoes.

Regards
Padmanabhan Ganesan
Agriculture for Everybody
I request Padmanabhan Ganesan to give the name of varieties of mangoes that may give fruits from Apr-Aug. This is a very good piece of information. Further some mango trees are bearing fruits for alternate years only. How to solve this problem?
Regards
R Narayanan

ananyaagrotech

I request Padmanabhan Ganesan to give the name of varieties of mangoes that may give fruits from Apr-Aug. This is a very good piece of information. Further some mango trees are bearing fruits for alternate years only. How to solve this problem?
Regards
R Narayanan
mr narayan your first question april to august give fruit verity. it is called punasa mango.it is not used for ripen fruits.it is used for cuurrys,chutneys,sambar preparation. this verity gives production yearly twice.two times cropping.now mangos are avilable in market. your 2nd question mango trees bearing fruits alternate years only. all mango farmers having this problem. because due to mango tree charecters it need time to re produse capacity.it xan be solved through some good cultivation practices it is possible to get ecery year good production.is possible..and you can inter crop plantations for mango sutable inter crops will increase mango production. we are giving consultancy for mango plantations multy cropping and dence cropping system. in this system 4 types of sutablr inter crops for increase mango crop yeald and inter crop production yeald within one year starts and give continuasly. .in our dence cropping system we have unbeleavable miracle no of mango plants accomodate in one acer land..low maintanance, high income avilble in this system.new plantings & old plantations also can do the multy cropping system. for details please contact ananyaagrotech@yahoo.co.in

Ashwini

Hello Narayanana

Alternate bearing can be checked to some extent. Foliar spray of 1 per cent potassium nitrate or 1 per cent potassium dihydrogen phosphate + 1 per cent urea thrice at monthly intervals should also be done to achieve a balance in carbon and nitrogen ratio. During September-October months, treat the soil with paclobutrazol (5g/ plant). THis helps control alternate bearing.

Regards
Ashwini S

sachinp

Mango- King of fruits

Hello,
Dear Faisal Sir,

First step towards planting of Mango trees is quality and genuine planting material selected which is available near by reputed nursery.
Do planting of 2-3 years old ready made grafting saplings of Mango for early bearing starts and good results in the month of September.

selection of Mango varieties like Alphonso- alternate bearing unique in taste.
Kesar regular bearing and helps in pollination in the farm.
other variety based on your location.
Application of organic fertilizers such as vermi compost to the plants(2-3 kg/ plant)
use of drip irrigation method for efficient use of water to the plants.

Regards
Sachin
sachinp125@yahoo.com