Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

mango plantation

Register

Click Here!

mrgfarms

Hai Friends,
I have 4 acres of empty red soil land,i am planning to grow mango tree in it , at present no water facility in land , i can irrigate for the mango plants using tractor or using some other resource. what type of mango plant can i keep,what is the procedure for planting mango plant initially?

Regards
dineshgovindaswamy

ravipome

try to adopt HDP system please so u can have more productivity as you are planning for 4 acres you visit Jain Irrigation at Udumalpet TN for detailed information.u will know advantage of HDP

sir u can provide drip irrigation,sprinkler irrigation.

In mango system of plantings one of the planting system is high density planting system...the drip irrigation can be provided
Ultra high density mango planting can be done at all those places where traditional mango is grown. Specifically it well drained soil with pH between 6.5-7.5 having no hardpan or calcium carbonate layer till 1.5m depth.
Process : Mango grafts of commercial varieties are planted at very close spacing of (3mx1m or 3mx2m) which allows attaining good growth during initial years and orchard attains commercial production from 3rd year onwards. Special techniques of training and pruning are used to develop sufficient number of branches and shoots since planting and tree growth and flowering are regulated through a combination of regular pruning and Pachlobutrazol application.

drip irrigation for mango..Drip irrigation (litres/tree/day) :30-50 litres
: Alphonso, Bangalora, Banganpalli, Bombai, Bombay Green, Dashehari, Fazli, Fernandin, Himsagar, Kesar, Kishen Bhog,Langra, Mankhurd, Mulgoa, Neelam, Samarbehist, Chausa, Suvarnarekha, Vanaraj and Zardalu.