Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

Malbar neem information

Register

Click Here!

manohar7

Hi All,

Have ready in many forums and internet about malbar neem.

Good Points:

1) Everyone says one thing in common it is the worlds fastest growing plant.
2) Requires zero maintenance.
3) Does not make land un-utilizable as in the case of eucalyptus.

Medium Density plantation : 600 -700 trees an acre is what is being suggested.

My Doubts:

1) Poeple say that it is used in plywood industry but when I enquired with plywood shop dealer he was not aware if malbar neem is really used . I dont see right row even it being used for paper industry.
2) After 7 years Regarding the economics everyone seems to be having their own versions

version 1) some say that it will be priced at 5000 per ton and each tree becomes approx 500kgs.
version 2) Each trees have approx 10 cuft and each cuft is 1000 so each tree will be 10,000 so per acre expected will be 60 lakhs going by 600 plants per acre.

Would like to get my doubts clarified and would also like to know if the information I have gathered is correct or not. I am having these doubts because I have seen many posts saying cultivation of eucalyptus yields 30 lakhs after 6 years but later realized that profit is not more than 2 lakhs per harvest.

Last edited:

shanmuga06

Hi Manohar,

Whatever you have written in the forum were correct but it should be modified in certain parameters like spacing dimension,yield and etc.The Malabar neem tree will gives timber not gold.As per my observation from the magazine,physical inspection of Malabar neem farms and detailed seminars ,discussion forms with farmers group,forestry official and well experienced nurserymen we can opt three dimension as follows 10'x10',9'x9' & 9'x8'.Why for keeping nine feet spacing in row to row ? That's for tractor moving space.The Malabar neem plant will grow very fast in the world with out adding any kind hi tech like grafting,tissue culture,cloning and budding .Only seed germinated seedling is enough for Melia Dubia cultivation.

The Malabar neem logs are to be used in paper industry.(This information has been given by Mr Shanmugam,General Manger,Ecology,M/s Seshayee paper and Boards ltd,Pallipalyam,Erode Dist,Tamilnadu)But they w'nt offer best price while comparing with the play wood industry.because they offer the rate of Eugaliptus log.You have stated that the play wood merchant not known about the usage in play wood industry.Its quiet natural .Because in India the Malabar neem tree were seen in Karnataka Southern region in the farmers land.The concerned farmers also not aware of the Malabar neem tree since it's natural germination from the forestry area.The farmers were thought about Malabar neem tree is very softy one so Malabar neem logs are waste like munakaya (drumstick)

The Malabar neem tree can be harvested for play wood purpose on completion of eight years.From the eight years Malabar neem will gives 750 kilos but you have quoted 500 kilos that we can take in to account.We can accommodate nearly 620 Malabar neem seedlings in the spacing dimension of 9'x8'.So we can get the yield will be calculated as per your version 600x500=3000000 kilos=300 tons per acre..Now we want the rate per ton here I quote the firewood price I.e ₹ 3000/-per ton.This can be ascertained from your local firewood merchants.In Tamilnadu one ton fire wood is selling for ₹ 3000/-per that darker mull.So we can expect the yield approximately from Malabar neem logs in one acre will be 300x₹3000 = 900000/-(nine lakes per acre on completion of eight years subject to soil condition,fertgation,well care by farmer and proper watering.If you get two lakes from Eugaliptus we will give you the god honour respect.In Tamilnadu we struggling to get the yield of one lake per acre on completion minimu five years.

Regards,

A Sivakumar

venkateurs

Sir,
It is a fastest growing tree, there is no doubt in that. The tree needs minimum maintanance (atleast ploughing twice a year) will keep the farm clean and hence gives good results in growth. Farmyard manure, and chemical fertiliser once in a year will help to boost its growth. Pruining of branches will help the stem to grow straight and hence helpful in getting more cubic feet per tree.
It is used for plywood purpose, there is no doubt in that. If it has to be used for plywood industry , girth of atleast one meter is required to get proper price per cubic feet. Firewood is always there, but it has to be the last option.
we have melia dubia saplings with us, if in case you require.
we have also planted melia dubia in our farm
we have good quality saplings with us in Mysore-karnataka.
call us for information or saplings on my number 9880589787 or mail to venkateursarun@yahoo.com
regards
venkat

shanmuga06

The melia dubia plant is magic tree because its fast growth.For ploughing the melia dubia farm is essential .If you do ploughing in the melia dubia farm kindly provide the sufficient spacing dimension like 10'x10..9'x9' and 9'x9'then only the tractor will move in the melia dubia garden.

regards,
A Sivakumar,

shanmuga06

we are based KARAIKUDI,Tamilnadu.We have already supplied near about one lakh plants in Telengana ,Andhra Pradesh & Karnataka.We have already crossed 150 acres in ANdhra Pradesh only.

Regards,

A Sivakumar,

venkateurs

This Rainy season is the best to plant melia dubia trees , Contact us for saplings on 9880589787, we are placed in Mysore city-karnataka state.
we have also planted melia dubia in our farm.
We provide seed germinated saplings which shows good growth and has good soil adaptibility
regards
venkat

nirmaljpr

Melia Dubia

we have melia dubia plants ready for sale at 8 Rs per plant only bulk order accepted.plz contect...
Dear Pradip

We intend to buy 10,000 nos of Melia Dubia, Malabar Neem plants.
Please quote your price & contact number.

Nirmal Kumar Jain
+91 98290 64762.

madhavs1

Medicinal plants cultivation

Melia Dubia | Malabar Neem PLANTS WE CAN SUPPLY FROM HYDERABAD.

WE SUGGEST INTER CROPS LIKE HERBS,SPICES IN MELIA DUBIA CROP.

MADHAV

Last edited: