Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

Malai Vembu / Melia Dubia Seedlings

Register

Click Here!

shanmuga06

The Melia Dubia will grows very well in red soil.The black soil,black cotton soil,clay soil and paddy fields are not suitable for Melia Dubia and also all kinds of tree plantations.Kindly opt only seed germinated Melia Dubia for fast growth and better yield.Kindly apply organic fungicide,growther like Triciderma Verdi,Psudomonus & VAM each ten grams along with well ripped cow dung for better growth and control the root rot .

Regards,

A Sivakumar,
PRIYA Nursery Garden,
KARAIKUDI-630001,TN
priyagar06@yahoo.co.in

rennaveen

Provide me the details please.....

The Melia Dubia will grows very well in red soil.The black soil,black cotton soil,clay soil and paddy fields are not suitable for Melia Dubia and also all kinds of tree plantations.Kindly opt only seed germinated Melia Dubia for fast growth and better yield.Kindly apply organic fungicide,growther like Triciderma Verdi,Psudomonus & VAM each ten grams along with well ripped cow dung for better growth and control the root rot .

Regards,

A Sivakumar,
PRIYA Nursery Garden,
KARAIKUDI-630001,TN
priyagar06@yahoo.co.in
Hi
I am Naveen from Tamilnadu, to be precise Kanchipuram, planning to plant Malia dubia / Agar and Sandalwood (Mixed) in my 3 plus acre land near by Kanchipuram. Water availability is moderate..Being new to the agriculture field, have no idea of sand type, etc.... the land was previously used to cultivate Paddy as known from the seller.... Can you flash information’s on the below to make me understand....

1. Does planting Malai Vembu and Sandal Wood works out and gives good result....
2. Any legal formalities required to register or any to be done, what papers are required...
3. Any bank loans and facilities....etc., what documents are required,
4. Any subsidies available from govt (Tamilnadu) or central for drip irrigation and planting or any...
5. In addition to the above two trees, whether i can intercrop (vegetable plants) anything for short term money outcome...
6. What would be the distance chart for planting, it would be easier for me to understand if shown in pic.
7. How many saplings are required and how much does it cost....
8. Does these trees need any care for pesticides, etc...?
9. Any support to setting up all the above and maintaining..... If so how much it will cost for the entire project and for the entire duration until I in cash out...
10. Cropping duration.
11. After cutting down the trees, how to clean the land suitable for other planting or farming or cultivating
12. Is it possible to grow medicinal plants under the shade of above planted trees as intercrops?

Think I have triggered many queries and in fact have more, expecting a good and clarifying response and support from you all experts.
Regs
Naveen. R
rennaveen@yahoo.co.in

kumarc

Siva Kumar,

I am intersted to know little more details about Malabar neem as I am planning to plant them in my land.
Every one is now talking about Malabar neem. This is a 7-9 year crop if you are looking for timber yield and no one in the entire AP, Karnataka and Tamilnadu has really harvested this Malabar Neem in large scale yet. Hence I have my own following apprehensions. Please clarify..if you can.

1. My land soil structure is silt loom. Can it with stand cyclonic winds after the 5 years of Growth? As the stem size(gutter dia) is supposed to be larger compared to casuarina, it should with stand higher winds unlike casuarina??
2.How deep the roots can go after 10 years.? Any idea? For example uprooting Casuarina trees is easy. If I would like to take two crops from the same plantation it takes approximately 9+9 years. I got to employ JCB to uproot them. Depending on how deep the root go, I have to see how much returns I will get after selling the roots to fire wood industry.
3.Do you think farmers can directly sell it to Plywood industry without middle men? Or Plywood industries will directly reach farmers? The biggest problem farmers face today is becasue this is an unorganized sector where there is no price gaurantee.? Where ever there is middle men farmers are going to loose their bit of share. Why I am saying this is, from where Plywood manufacturers are buying their Raw material(plants) today?

Please clarify.
Kumar