Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

Question Malabar Neem Plants

Register

Click Here!

btchyd

Dear Members,
I have Malabar neem plants of about 4 years age in an area of 12 acres land near Hyderabad. While height of almost all plants is above 20 ft, however, girth is not uniform and varies from 15" to above 3'.
Since I bought the land about 3 1/2 years back with sapplings already planted, I didnot have much knowledge about Malabar neem plants growth, market etc.
My recent enquiries with some buyers led me to lot of confusion as some opined that this plantation is waste and uneconomical particularly for soils of my type of land which is black and having abundant water availability and they suggested me to sell as early as possible and go for teak or sandalwood plantation if i were not interested in regular short term crops. Some other suggested to wait for another 2 or 3 years period by which time girth will be above 4 ft and the crop would fetch good returns.

If any of our learned members have any exposure in this plantation, I humbly request them to share their knowledge thru this platform to be found by many like me useful.

Murali k

Last edited by a moderator:

cnuvakil

Dear Members,
I have Malabar neem plants of about 4 years age in an area of 12 acres land near Hyderabad. While height of almost all plants is above 20 ft, however, girth is not uniform and varies from 15" to above 3'.
Since I bought the land about 3 1/2 years back with sapplings already planted, I didnot have much knowledge about Malabar neem plants growth, market etc.
My recent enquiries with some buyers led me to lot of confusion as some opined that this plantation is waste and uneconomical particularly for soils of my type of land which is black and having abundant water availability and they suggested me to sell as early as possible and go for teak or sandalwood plantation if i were not interested in regular short term crops. Some other suggested to wait for another 2 or 3 years period by which time girth will be above 4 ft and the crop would fetch good returns.

If any of our learned members have any exposure in this plantation, I humbly request them to share their knowledge thru this platform to be found by many like me useful.

Murali k
message me ur details

veerakart

I have malabar been plants and teak plants stumps am from Ramona's contact me

garao56

Waiting for another 2-3 years is better as the plants will attain girth . Generally plants with 7 to 10 years age will fetch more income.