Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

Looking for those interested in dairy farming near Bangalore

Register

Click Here!

govardha

We are planning to set up a dairy farm near Bangalore in Tamil Nadu border ( 70 kms from Bangalore ). If you are interested in dairy farming, you can join us. Investment required per person is 15-20 Lakhs. Contact us only if you have the funds available to invest in next 1 month , since we are almost finalizing the land procurement. We have been searching for a suitable land for the last 1.5 years and found an excellent location which has an eco-tourism potential as well.

Those from software field is given preference as the main investors are from IT companies.

If you are looking for huge returns, please do not invest. ( May be fixed deposits or real estate are better for you. ) Those who wants to do something other than the above and are fine with non-monetary benefits in short run like satisfaction in setting up a farm from scratch, efforts in marketing the products , spending weekends in farm and help in farm activities like cutting grass, cleaning, cultivation , riding a tractor etc are welcomed to join.

Why we are looking for funds at the last moment ?
Because seller is not willing to sell the required land alone. He wants to sell all together which is more than double the required size.

What do we do with additional land ?
Yes, it will be a real estate asset. We won't be using the additional land available immediately. Future plans are there to set up eco tourism huts or sell off additional land after some development in plots of 1 acre size -- nothing finalized on that. Open for brainstorming after you join us.

Is it a partnership firm or LLP ?
No. It will be registered as Private Limited company and investors will have the shares equivalent to investment.

Can I be a passive investor ?
Yes, but why you want to do that without any profit motive as you cannot participate in any activities. You need to convince us.

What is the most important criteria ?

It is passion for dairy farming, not money. Unless you have the first, you cannot join us. You need to convince us why you want to get involved in dairy farming, knowing that it has its own risk and less profitability. ( some people say 30% returns or so, those are just claims. All we can say is that it won't be a loss, if we are serious about it )

Do I need experience to do it ?
Nobody is born with experience. Sometimes it is a bottleneck. We will be tying up with experts to visit the farm once in a month other than the local Vet to bridge any gap in knowledge. Help/trainings are available from KVKs and Govt institutes.

lkumar at govardha.com

sumitha_rd

Cattles are in a way like mothers, never should be tortured

Hi Kumar I would be interested in this scheme -but when it comes to cattle farming I need a promise -old cattles or non-productive cattles should not be sold for flesh -if this has been taken care in your proposal I would be ready to join this dairy farm.