Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

Question Loan for dairy farming in Chitoor A P

Register

Click Here!

manas reddy

Friends,

i have a started a dairy farm near Ramasamudram, Chittoor, i have constructed the animal shed for 20 HF cows, housing for workers, borewell for water and obtained electricity and purchased a manual milking machine as well, i now have 3 HF cows yielding 20-25 liters milk a day it is very profitable however i need more money to buy 17 more cows, i have aproached a few banks in the vicinity however everyone says that they either need a town property as mortguage or the area does not come under their branch, i have already invested around 7 lakhs on the cow shed, borewell and the animals, i am not sure what is stopping the banks from giving loan :confused:

please provide some info on how to obtain a loan for dairy farming near kurujala, Ramasamudram, Chittoor

krishnann

Request information and help

Dear sir
Iam an NRI wanted to open a dairy farm in Chitoor dist . I do not have any land and wanted to buy 5 to 10 acres. Csan u tell me waht is the lowest price I can get land in this area.
Regarding your loan I can direct you when I come to India by the month MAY. Dairy consultants will also help you.
Regards
Krishnan

manas reddy

You can get land at around 2 - 4 lakhs

Hi Krishnan,

good to hear about your interest, dairy farming is defiantly very profitable I have experienced this first hand, however there are a couple of aspects you need to keep in mind before starting off, land is the most important one, you need to select the right location (In the vicinity of established dairies)and irrigation, if you plan for a bore well you need to look for an area with good underground water table, this can be determined by the proximity to nearby lakes and other water bodies, connectivity by road is also very important

You can get land which suits this requirement at around 2 - 4 lakhs based on proximity to any city or town, you will need 5 acres of land for 20 HF cows

You can get cheaper land in remote places however there will be problems in getting electricity

Second most important factor is labor and expertise - you will not find experienced people since there are no modern dairy farmers in chittoor, you will have to train them

Third most important factor is buying the cows, there is no established market for good quality high yielding cows, we need to search and select each one carefully, if cows don’t yield more than 20 liter milk a day the business will not be profitable and will take long time to get the investment back

if the above three things are taken care of then it is a risk free, stress free and highly profitable business, you can get your investment back in less than 2 years.

I am working in Bangalore in the IT sector as HR

Our family (dad and brother) have a started a dairy farm near Ramasamudram, Chittoor, we have a few more acres of land to spare; we can work in partnership if you are interested. My brother is into construction and real-estate hence the cost can be very less and since we are already running the business profitably we can provide all the expertise and trained labor

Get in touch with me if you want to work with us or if you need help in getting land we can help you in identifying the land and setting up the farm

Cheers!!

Manas Reddy

Dear sir
Iam an NRI wanted to open a dairy farm in Chitoor dist . I do not have any land and wanted to buy 5 to 10 acres. Csan u tell me waht is the lowest price I can get land in this area.
Regarding your loan I can direct you when I come to India by the month MAY. Dairy consultants will also help you.
Regards
Krishnan

Last edited by a moderator:

giribabu

Dear sir,
I want to start dairy farm in chittoor. I want to buy cows. Where can I get and how much i need to invest.
Please suggest.
thanks and regards
Giribabu.

garao56

Dear sir,

Please approach us for project report for availing finance from bank or other financial institutions .

G.Anandarao B.Sc(Ag)

Last edited by a moderator: