Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

life cycle of buffalo

Register

Click Here!

farmarcorp

Dear All,

I want to understand the life cycle of murrah buffalo.i.e what is lactation period and its duration, what is dry period and its duration, what is service period and its duration? please make me understand this is the chronological order of occurance. I m very confused.

It is said that buffalo calves after every 15 months and its lactation period is 9-10 months so does this means that remaining 7 months it remains dry and does not produce milk. If so then how is this industry is profit making. Please assist.

regards,

kirti s

Dear Sir

The maturity of male and female buffaloes is attained in about 2-3 years depending on the type of breed management practice and feeding. The average age of buffalo bull at first service is 3.5 years while the heifers come into heat at 2-2.5 years age. The oestrous cycle in river type of buffalo is around 21 days and the duration of heat varies from 21-24 hours. In Indian buffaloes the average heat cycle length is 37 days and oestrous could be for 24 hours. In India generally river type butIaloes are more common. It has been observed that the onset of heat is not very pronounced and often it is difficult to detect. This is the main reason for the highest percentage of the conception failures during the first service. There is considerable scope for reducing the age of first conception by proper feeding and management practices particularly the careful checking of heat.

farmarcorp

hi Kirti,
Please pardon me but I m still not satisfied and unable to understand the life cycle. If you could elaborate more then i would be very glad. lets say a buffalo is 30 month old and ready for mating. lets say she is mated and now she is pregnant. Now my questions are
1) what is the pregnancy period of buffalo? is it 9 months or 10 months
2) Will she give milk during these many months? and is this called lactation period?
3) When will dry period start and is it immediately followed by lactation period?
4) What is the duration of dry period?
5) what is the next stage after dry period?
6) what is service period and when it comes?
7) and when will buffalo again ready for next pregnancy?

Please assist.
Cheers,

vid_vid

please

Please pardon me but I m still not satisfied and unable to understand the life cycle. If you could elaborate more then i would be very glad. lets say a buffalo is 30 month old and ready for mating. lets say she is mated and now she is pregnant. Now my questions are
1) what is the pregnancy period of buffalo? is it 9 months or 10 months
2) Will she give milk during these many months? and is this called lactation period?
3) When will dry period start and is it immediately followed by lactation period?
4) What is the duration of dry period?
5) what is the next stage after dry period?
6) what is service period and when it comes?
7) and when will buffalo again ready for next pregnancy?

punjabi

After gave birth buffalo can be ready for next mating in three to four months and after got pregnant she stops milk in eight or seven months of pregnancy these all depends on her health and the diet some are giving milk in ninth but it should be stop for the good milk produce in next year and good health of buffalo

punjabi

After gave birth buffalo can be ready for next mating in three to four months and after got pregnant she stops milk in eight or seven months of pregnancy these all depends on her health and the diet some are giving milk in ninth but it should be stop for the good milk produce in next year and good health of buffalo