Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

Lemongrass

Register

Click Here!

vatika_ herbs

Seeking help from lemongrass experts

Hello, I would like to know from experienced lemongrass cultivators some practical data on

1. Oil yield in kG per 1 ton herbage of distillation tank

2. No. of 1 ton tanks per acre from 2nd harvest.

Recently I started cultivation lemongrass and yileds varies 2.5 kg-3kg oil per ton of herbage and 4-5 1 ton tank per acre which seems low to me...

I shall be very thankful if experts pls comment and recommend some practical tips on increasing productivity.

srsasmal

Dear All,
Please let me know the minimum area do I require to grow lemongrass for commercial production. And also please let me know how much one needs to invest per acre for the expected result.

ponsanthan

lemon grass

Minimum 5-10 acre is required to grow. Distillation unit should be established which needs 3-4 lakh invest ment for a vessel, chilling tank etc. If any near by distillation unit able to do job work, it can be used for some time.

aromedindia

Dear Sir,
Lemongrass (variety Krishna) has around 0.8%-0.9% of oil. And the herb yeild is around 250 quintal per hectare per annum, producing around 200-250Kg of oil per hectare per annum. Obviuosly your oil yeild is low which can be bcoz of some technical problem in ur distillation tank or any other reason. For more info please contact me at aromedindia@gmail.com

murjani

Minimum 5-10 acre is required to grow. Distillation unit should be established which needs 3-4 lakh invest ment for a vessel, chilling tank etc. If any near by distillation unit able to do job work, it can be used for some time.
Do you know the company that manufactures the equipment for lemongrass distillation? and also if you know what kind of income can be generated say from 5-10 acres of lemongrass cultivation?