Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

Jatropha - Scientist

Register

Click Here!

ravibf

The Barwale Foundation , a NFPO is looking to hire a crop scientist for its Jatropha research program.

The position is a full time research job based out of its knowledge & research centre (BKSC) at Jalna.

The primary role of the Scientist would be to lead the Jatropha research project (already in its third year) & drive the specific mandates of the foundation:

1. Project Management: Execute crop improvement research projects and plans (Jatropha) as per mandate
2. Assist in capacity building via training programs for all external players as resource persons
3. Thought leadership – provide tactical guidance in the lab and on the field.
4. Write research proposal for grants & collaboration.

BF is interested in research leaders with exceptional creativity, motivation and scientific abilities to join this challenging and exciting opportunity. We offer a competitive salary and benefit package. All application treated confidentially. Positions will remain open until suitable candidates are found.

Job Description
1) Provides management, scientific leadership and creativity when initiating, designing, and executing research projects.
2) Works in conjunction with other scientists to establish and execute project goals
3) Delegating authority to, supervising and setting goals for scientists
4) Development of plans and programs to improve operations to ensure maximum output.
5) Good communication skills and liason with external partners in India and abroad.
6) Excellent People and organizational skills
7) Ability to manage Research Staff
8) Strong knowledge and experience in molecular biology, genetics, plant breeding and bioinformatics tools.
9) Remains current on new technological developments
10) May contribute to scientific publications, conferences and patent applications.
11) Provides orientation and training, supervises, and evaluates employee performance.
12) Monitors research progress and meets with participating researchers to identify products and opportunities impacting the business unit and provides solutions to problems.
13) Is effective at communication, partnership, and knowledge transfer.

Job Requirements

1) MSc or PhD in Plant Biology/Breeding/Molecular Biology/Genetics/Biotechnology or related field with 2-3 years or more of R&D experience in an academic lab or industrial setting. Preferred crop expertise would be Jatropha.
2) Primarily based in Jalna but ready to shuttle to Hy'bad frequently (at least once a month)
3) Jointly work with research teams at Hy’bad & other collaborators
4) Plan and execute research projects at both locations
5) Directly report into the Head, BKSC & dotted line reporting into the Director of Research
6) Work in close tandem on all aspects pertaining to capacity building (training) and research with the Head – Knowledge Services, BKSC (Barwale Knowledge & study Centre, Jalna)
7) Assist IFSSA (Indian Foundation Seed Services Agency - a non profit org)wherever & whenever required
8) A commitment of at the least 3 years of dedicated, innovative research.
9) First undertake a detailed research audit (last 36 months) & document the process within a week of joining
10) Initiate “refocus” – call for a meeting to identify the focus areas with clearly spelt out research objectives by projects with timelines & SMART goals within 15 days of joining.

Interested candidates may apply / write into :

Last edited by a moderator:

ashwanikumar

Dear Sir
I am applying for the post of Jatropha scientist post advertised by you. I am Professor Emeritus at the University of Rajasthan Jaipur and have 25 years of experience of working with Jatropha I was awarded Micromisson project by Department of Biotechnology Govt of India in 2004 ( PI)and Clonal multiplication project in 2009 (coPI) I was also consultant in at World Bank Project on Jatropha carried out by HPPI and SPRI at Viratnagar. Currently I am consultant for UNDP project on Jatropha and also consultant for Biotech Company. My complete biodata is attached. Minimum acceptable salary will be the salary of a Professor as per UGC scale at the minimum of the scale as now I am retired ( Approx Rs 85,000) . I can devote full time for research and make use of my potential fully
My complete biodata is given below
with kind regards
Yours sincerley
Ashwani Kumar

BIO-DATA OF PROFESSOR ASHWANI KUMAR:

A. Name : Professor Dr. ASHWANI KUMAR,

B.

Educational qualifications M.Sc., Ph.D. , Dipl ( German) , Alexander von Humboldt
Fellow (Germany), FBS, FPSI, FISMPP.
C. Date of Birth : August 4, 1946

D. Place of Birth
Bandikui ( Jaipur Distt. ) Rajasthan.
E. Present position
Professor Emeritus
Department of Botany,
University of Rajasthan
Jaipur. 302004,
India
Tel (0ffice)Tel. ( Residence)
Mobile (0)

F.
Positions held:
Head, Department of Botany (1995-1998)
Hony Director Life Sciences (2000-2003)
Hony Director Central Library ( 2000-2005)
Co-ordinator, SAP ( 1995-1998)
Convener, Board of Studies Biotechnology.
Member, Senate,
Member Research Board,
Member Academic Council.
Member Governing Body, Subodh College,
Jaipur. ( 1996-1999, 2001-2004)
VC nominee for Academic Council
MDS University, Ajmer .
Member , Governing body
Academic Staff College, University of Rajasthan
Jaipur.
Advisory Committee Rajasthan College of Science and
Technology, Jaipur.
Advisory committee on Biotechnology, Govt of
Rajasthan

c Academic (M.Sc. onwards) and Professional Career:

Sr. No. Degree/Position held Year University/ Institution

1. M.Sc.(First class First,
University Gold medal) 1967 University of Rajasthan, Jaipur.

2. Ph.D. 1971 University of Rajasthan, Jaipur

3. Post-doctoral
Humboldt Fellow
(Germany) 1977-79 Institute fur Pflanzeneraehrung, der Justus Liebig Universitat, Giessen, Germany.

5. German Language
Diploma 1981 University of Rajasthan, Jaipur.

Employment data of Professor Ashwani Kumar:

Employer Position From To
1.University of Rajasthan,Jaipur. India. Asst. Professor of Botany

Associate Professor

Professor Of Botany 7th July, 1969

10th Feb. 1985

4th Dec. 1996 9th Feb. 1985
3rd Dec. 1996
Continue.
2.Alexander von Humboldt Foundation at Institut fur Pflanzenernaehrung der
Justus Liebig Universitat,
D35390, Giessen,
Germany. Alexander von Humboldt Fellowship Jan, 1,1977

Aug, 1984, June
1987, 1994, 1996, 1997, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2005 ( Reinvitation by Humboldt Foundation for 5 months)
31 Dec. 1979

3.Institute for Natural medicine
Toyama Med & Pharm Univ
2630, Sugitani, Toyama-Shi, Toyama Med & Pharm Univ, 930 0194, TOYAMA, JAPAN Visiting Professor 1at Oct. 1999 31st March, 2000

F. Awards/ Prize/Certificate etc. Won:

1. Awarded Gold Medal for standing first in order of merit at the M.Sc.(Botany) examination
(1967) University of Rajasthan, Jaipur.

2. Post Doctoral award of Alexander von Humboldt Fellowship 1977-1979, and for subsequent reinvitations to work at the Institut fur Pflanzernaehrung, der Justus Liebig Universitat, Giessen, Germany
3. Awarded British Council vistorship to work at various institutions in England, including King’s College, London, Imperial College, London, UNESCO fellowship to visit Spain.

4. Awarded INSA-DFG visiting Professorship ( 1998-1999).

5. Visiting Professor Japan 1999-2000.

6. Visiting Humboldt Fellow 2004, and 2005

G. Publications(Numbers only)

(a) Books Five : Research papers, 152

G. Research and Teaching Experience:

(a) Research Experience : 39 years

(b) Specialization : Plant Biotechnology. Plant physiology
Bioenergy, and plant pathology.
(c) Teaching Experience
( Undergraduate and post-graduate classes) : 38 Years.

H. Research Activities:

32 Candidates awarded Ph.D. under my supervision:
6 candidates working for Ph.D out of which ten with NET Fellowship

I.

Research Projects Sanctioned to Professor Ashwani Kumar

1. C.S.I.R. Project
(1980-83, 3 years)
Rs. 45,600.00
(Completed In vitro studies on host-parasite interaction, sclerotial formation, alkaoid production and control measures of ergot (Claviceps microcephala (Waller) Tul.) of pearl millet (Pennisetum typhodies(Burm) Stapf. and Hubb.).

2. U.G.C. Project
(1981-1985: 3-1/2 yrs.)
Rs. 1,10,200.00 Ultrastructural and biochemical investigations on photosynthesis in wheat plants infected with foliar pathogen.

3. DST/DNES Project
(1982-85; 3 years)
Rs. 1,82,200.00
Hydrocarbons from plants; physiological and cultural practices in relation to growth and latex contents.

4. USDA-ICAR Project
(1984-87; 3 years)
Rs. 5,21,220.00
Cellular photosynthetic processes in callus cultures derived from C3 and C4 plants.

5. DNES Project
(1985-1991; 5 years)
Rs. 13,00,200 Pre-revised Petro-crops in Rajasthan: Establishment of petro-crops farm for conducting agronomical, physiological studies and evaluation thereof.

6. MNES Project
(1992-1996; 4 yrs)
Rs. 5,00,000
Energy plantation in 50 ha of land for devicing suitable agro-technology or semi arid regions.

8. CSIR Project
(1994-1997; 3 years)
(Rs. 1,92,000)

Department of Biotechnology
Govt of India , 3 years.
New Delhi (2002-2005)
( Rs 20, 50 , 000)
Micropropagation and improvement of cotton cultivars through in vitro technique.

Improvement of biomass and production of hydrocarbon from Euphorbia antisyphilitica and Calotropis procera
9. Department of Biotechnology
Govt of India , 3 years.
New Delhi (2004-2007)
( Rs 14, 50 , 000)
Production and Demonstration of high quality plant material of Jatropha curcas.

ravibf

Prof. Kumar - Thanks for the interest in the position. I have sent a private message...please check your inbox

Regards
Ravi

jojobaindia

Jatropha- Scientist

Dear Dr Ravi
I wish to apply for the post of jatropha scientist. presently I am working at jalna. can you provide me your email ID so that I can email my Cv to you

regards

ravibf

Jatropha scientist opening...

Please write....
Please contact....

Thx
Ravi