Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

Investors / Venture Capitalist wanted.. for starting up Tea Estate in Darjeeling

Register

Click Here!

tirtham

I am in the process of procuring a Tea Estate in Darjeeling and am looking for Investors for this project. Minimum investment required is of 4 Crores and the total valuation of the estate is 15 Crores.

Company Goals and Objectives: The core business of the company shall be to produce some of the finest quality of “Darjeeling Tea” also referred to as the Champagne of tea and alongside be into ‘Tea Tourism” ― an upcoming business in the field supporting the ecology and be the best in class in this sector
Business Philosophy: Tea is an essential item of domestic consumption and is the major beverage in India. Tea is also considered as the cheapest beverage amongst the beverages available in India. Tea Industry provides gainful direct employment to more than a million workers mainly drawn from the backward and socially weaker section of
the society. It is also a substantial foreign exchange earner and provides sizeable
amount of revenue to the State and Central Exchequer. The total turnover of the
Indian tea industry is in the vicinity of Rs.9000 Crs. Presently, Indian tea industry
is having (as on 18.12.2009 )
• 1692 registered Tea Manufacturers,
• 2200 registered Tea Exporters,
• 5848 number of registered tea buyers,
• Nine tea Auction centres.

The business is targeted to cater to the export supply of “Darjeeling Tea” to the European and American market and similarly cater to the Foreigner’s visiting India through the boutique Resort
The industry would be Tea production and Tea Tourism. Unlike most other tea producing and exporting countries, India has dual manufacturing base. India produces both CTC and Orthodox teas in addition to green tea. The weightage lies with the former due to domestic consumers’ preference. Orthodox tea production is balanced basically with the export demand. Production of green tea in India is small.
The company will be poised to take advantage of this as because the demand for “Darjeeling Tea” has shown an increase throughout and the demand supply chain cannot be fulfilled even if the entire tea industry in Darjeeling doubles up the current production quantity.
The entire industry being run by the fourth or fifth generation owners within the age group of 55 to 70 years of age who lack innovation, aggression and willingness to explore new business opportunities, i.e. maintaining things on ‘As is, Where Is’ basis giving us an edge to explore new opportunities to penetrate the existing distribution network and exploit them

Legal form of ownership: Limited liability corporation (LLC)

For further details, request you to contact me.

shal83

Hi

Hi Tirtham,

I saw your post and keen to discuss this in detail with you. I am very familiar with the Tea Industry in India and see where you are coming from. Please drop me an email

Last edited by a moderator:

tirtham

Hi Shal83, Am unable to send you an Email as your E mail address had been deleted by the moderator. Am sending you a private message with my E mail id. Plz contact me from there..

Thanx