Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

Investment to buy cheap land in Tamil Nadu or karnataka

Register

Click Here!

kavundan

Hi Sirs,

I am planning to buy cheap lands in Tamil Nadu or Karnataka State which would cost around 1 lakhs or 2 lakhs per acre if we can buy more than 100 Acres as they do not sell in small acres. I am planning to buy around 10 acres. So if anyone is interested to pool up with me we can buy the land and share according to the individual Investment.

We could work out together as a Group after acquiring the land.

I am presently working in the Gulf so please let me know if anyone is interested to pool with me. Please email me that would be best optio

Thank you very much

Last edited by a moderator:

rmathews

Hi Sirs,

I am planning to buy cheap lands in Tamil Nadu or Karnataka State which would cost around 1 lakhs per acre if we can buy more than 100 Acres as they do not sell in small acres. I am planning to buy around 10 acres. So if anyone is interested to pool up with me we can buy the land and share according to the individual Investment.

I am presently working in the Gulf so please let me know if anyone is interested to pool with me. Please email me that would be best option

Thank you very much

Sebastian Peter K

dear sebastian,

am mathew from Kottayam at presently in job in west india. am intrested but pls note that in KA as per my understanding it is risky on legal issues. where in TN its diffucult but possible to get a good land with all proper papers with water facility. due to mullaperiar issue there were lot of back lash to outsider farmers in TN vise versa. in our family we have leased land with farming in TN so some close experiance tells cautioned and with proper link in TN would fertile. am ready for pool and personally i can go for 20 acre and my friend circle also can join so totally aprx 40-50acre .

reddy111

lands

we have karnataka international airport to 150 km from land 1,00,000 per acre

if you are interested

for more details

[

kavundan

Hi Mathew,

Thank you for showing interest and the valuable suggestions given to me. I have seen the problems near to Kerala borders especially Theni, Tenkasi. But I am planning to buy in the interior of Tamil Nadu and that also in remote Area so there wont be much problems I guess.
I would be buying the land only after lawyers instruction and verifying all the legal sides.

Thank you once again

Sebastian Peter

rmathews

Agri Land Buyers : Crash course 101

quoted from other source:-

Due to popular demand, I decided to publish a posting on agricultural land prospecting and purchase.

Following are some points, that I believe are important and buyers should keep them in mind while searching for the ideal land. Prior to commencing the search, you need to determine the required parameters for the type of cultivation or crop you want to pursue. Each crop has certain ideal soil, climate, water and processing requirements, these will become your driving parameters. It is rare to find the 'ideal' land but do your best. Having arrived on the parameters, use the following pointers to narrow down your land choices.

Soil characteristic can be fairly easily evaluated based on neighboring cultivation. If there is minimal cultivation and the proposed land acreage is large, it is advisable to hire a JCB and dig some test pits to see the soil profile at least 3 ft deep. (Of course, employ the JCB when you are convinced that the papers are right and this is the right land for you.) You should look for white calcareous substrate beneath the soil. This is not good for cultivation.
Presence of water bodies adjacent to your land is always beneficial, as chances are they replenish the water table under your land.
Identify the nearest village. Ideally, you neither want it too close not too far from your land. About 1 km would be considered ideal. Close proximity may lead to unwanted interferences and longer distance may lead to labour unavailability later on.
Evaluate if the land is low lying and is prone to flooding during monsoons.
Ensure that the land has a clear and undisputed entrance. If there is no clear access or if you have to cross another patta land to get to yours, DO NOT buy the land. This will create problems later on.
Evaluate the demography of the community adjacent to the land. There are certain communities that are a little more aggressive and resist “outside” entry, especially if it is a big plantation. If the local community is known to be aggressive, it is better to look for another land, especially if you are not a local.
Look for wells / borewells / electricity board (EB) connections and if there are in working conditions.
It is imperative to have a contiguous land. Any patches in middle should not be acceptable. Assurances of acquiring the patches will land you in trouble later as that will be at enormous cost.
Avoid lands with temples / shrines inside patta lands. Legally, local people can ask for access to the temple and that will result in loss of acreage or may add to the nuisance value.
You cannot find a friendlier neighbour than a forest. Lesser the patta lands around you, fewer chances for disputes / interferences.
Legal Scrutiny: Please do not rely totally on sellers legal opinion. Have your own lawyer to do this job. Mother documents and Power of Attorneys are to be thoroughly scrutinized.
Ensure payment of advance directly to the owner after entering into an agreement to sell, by cheque only.
Price fixation parameters: The price of the land will depend on the land prices in the surrounding area, availability of facilities on the land, location parameters, motorable accessibility to land and most important is how good it measures on your parametric scale. If you like the land, do not hesitate in paying a bit more, as you may not get another land of the same calibre.
Key to land searching is PATIENCE. Do not show your urgency to the brokers and do not take their promises/assurances on the face value. My experience is they are false / flawed in 75% cases.

Following is a questionnaire I had prepared, when I was searching for land. I used this to eliminate lands which did not satisfy the basic criteria like soil color, contiguity, accessibility to owners etc.

Physical Characteristics :
What is the land acreage?
Is the land acreage absolutely contiguous?
What is the village name, taluk name?
What is the nearest town? How far?
What is the color of soil?
What is the current cultivation on the land?

Facilities :
Number of wells and bore wells?
Number of power connections?
Any other infrastructure present on the land?
How far is the land from state highway?
Is the road from state highway a tar road?

Current Ownership :
Original Patta is available?
Number of patta owners i.e. number of people who will be signing on the document.
If it is 1 family, please specify number of family member who will be signing on it?
Location of owners - local or remote?

Pricing :
What is the price per acre?
Do you have access to the owner?
Access to the primary broker? If not, how many brokers are there between you and the owner?
Motive for selling?

prem_jana

Hello,

I am from Chennai-Tamilnadu working in IT firm. But my native in Sivaganga District South Tamilnadu. Me and my friend circle also looking the cheap agriculture land in Sivaganga district for future plans. The problem is we are coming across more than 100 acres in a single bulk sale.

If you wish you can also join with us.

Thank You!.

bsghale

Hi Sirs,

I am planning to buy cheap lands in Tamil Nadu or Karnataka State which would cost around 1 lakhs or 2 lakhs per acre if we can buy more than 100 Acres as they do not sell in small acres. I am planning to buy around 10 acres. So if anyone is interested to pool up with me we can buy the land and share according to the individual Investment.

I am presently working in the Gulf so please let me know if anyone is interested to pool with me. Please email me that would be best option

Thank you very much
s...mail ...............................

venkat2

LAND IN tn

Dear friends,

I am also interested in buying land in TN with you all.

Let us hunt jointly.

Cheers,
Venkat

Due to popular demand, I decided to publish a posting on agricultural land prospecting and purchase.

Following are some points, that I believe are important and buyers should keep them in mind while searching for the ideal land. Prior to commencing the search, you need to determine the required parameters for the type of cultivation or crop you want to pursue. Each crop has certain ideal soil, climate, water and processing requirements, these will become your driving parameters. It is rare to find the 'ideal' land but do your best. Having arrived on the parameters, use the following pointers to narrow down your land choices.

Soil characteristic can be fairly easily evaluated based on neighboring cultivation. If there is minimal cultivation and the proposed land acreage is large, it is advisable to hire a JCB and dig some test pits to see the soil profile at least 3 ft deep. (Of course, employ the JCB when you are convinced that the papers are right and this is the right land for you.) You should look for white calcareous substrate beneath the soil. This is not good for cultivation.
Presence of water bodies adjacent to your land is always beneficial, as chances are they replenish the water table under your land.
Identify the nearest village. Ideally, you neither want it too close not too far from your land. About 1 km would be considered ideal. Close proximity may lead to unwanted interferences and longer distance may lead to labour unavailability later on.
Evaluate if the land is low lying and is prone to flooding during monsoons.
Ensure that the land has a clear and undisputed entrance. If there is no clear access or if you have to cross another patta land to get to yours, DO NOT buy the land. This will create problems later on.
Evaluate the demography of the community adjacent to the land. There are certain communities that are a little more aggressive and resist “outside” entry, especially if it is a big plantation. If the local community is known to be aggressive, it is better to look for another land, especially if you are not a local.
Look for wells / borewells / electricity board (EB) connections and if there are in working conditions.
It is imperative to have a contiguous land. Any patches in middle should not be acceptable. Assurances of acquiring the patches will land you in trouble later as that will be at enormous cost.
Avoid lands with temples / shrines inside patta lands. Legally, local people can ask for access to the temple and that will result in loss of acreage or may add to the nuisance value.
You cannot find a friendlier neighbour than a forest. Lesser the patta lands around you, fewer chances for disputes / interferences.
Legal Scrutiny: Please do not rely totally on sellers legal opinion. Have your own lawyer to do this job. Mother documents and Power of Attorneys are to be thoroughly scrutinized.
Ensure payment of advance directly to the owner after entering into an agreement to sell, by cheque only.
Price fixation parameters: The price of the land will depend on the land prices in the surrounding area, availability of facilities on the land, location parameters, motorable accessibility to land and most important is how good it measures on your parametric scale. If you like the land, do not hesitate in paying a bit more, as you may not get another land of the same calibre.
Key to land searching is PATIENCE. Do not show your urgency to the brokers and do not take their promises/assurances on the face value. My experience is they are false / flawed in 75% cases.

Following is a questionnaire I had prepared, when I was searching for land. I used this to eliminate lands which did not satisfy the basic criteria like soil color, contiguity, accessibility to owners etc.

Physical Characteristics :
What is the land acreage?
Is the land acreage absolutely contiguous?
What is the village name, taluk name?
What is the nearest town? How far?
What is the color of soil?
What is the current cultivation on the land?

Facilities :
Number of wells and bore wells?
Number of power connections?
Any other infrastructure present on the land?
How far is the land from state highway?
Is the road from state highway a tar road?

Current Ownership :
Original Patta is available?
Number of patta owners i.e. number of people who will be signing on the document.
If it is 1 family, please specify number of family member who will be signing on it?
Location of owners - local or remote?

Pricing :
What is the price per acre?
Do you have access to the owner?
Access to the primary broker? If not, how many brokers are there between you and the owner?
Motive for selling?[/QUOTE]

mmnair

Hi sir,

I am also interested to buy cheap lands in Tamil Nadu or Karnataka state. I am looking for to buy around 15 to 20 acres if possible to get good price.
We could easily work together to find more buyers. Please email me if any good options.

thanks

M nair,

mmnair

Hi sir,

I am also interested to buy cheap lands in Tamil Nadu or Karnataka state. I am looking for to buy around 15 to 20 acres if possible to get good price.
We could easily work together to find more buyers. Please email me if any good options.

thanks

M nair,

greensb

Ready to join the group

I'm looking to invest in agri and ready to join the group. Please share your contact details to discuss further.