Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

interested to go for cultivation of Medicinal Plants

Register

Click Here!

basavasankar

The thread "very Useful for medicinal plant growers / cultivators" has not received any replies for a month. Regarding cultivation of Aswagandha, Sarpagandha.
Dear Sirs,
The cultivation of Medicinal Plants is not an easy thing. Unlike other agricultural crops/horticultural crops the main hurdle is selling/ marketing of the cultivated item.
The rates fluctuation is every crop, not only in Medicinal crop.
The farmers of Rajasthan, near Neemuch of M.P, Rayalaseema area (Kurnool District,AnantapurDistricts) of AndhraPradesh are continuously cultivating Aswagandha and getting subsidy from APMAB through Yagantipalli FTC.
Regarding Sarpagandha also if any farmer of Ranga Reddy, Medak district are interested the APMAB is ready to give guidence as the Dabur company is in need of 7.0 M.Tons of Sarpagandha Root every year and they are ready to give buy back agreement.
Try to select the marketable species by contacting the concern Medicinal Plant Boards.
Then only it is better to go for cultivation. Please try to learn experience from the farmers already cultivated those species through MABs.
It is not discouraging but expressing the difficulties as per my personal experience.

basavasankar

updating the account

I am not interested any income by providing information to any of the cultivar or MNC.
As a govt. employee i want to share my data and experience to the new emerging farmers against their awareness.
Where is the necessity of editing my letter. I think it has to be circulated to all the farmers for their safety.

jcmorgado

neem trees

As CEO of Natu Neem International, operating in the countries around Niassa Lake - Malawi, Mozambique and Tanzania, we are interested in all information regarding all processes that can be used for fight MALARIA and all skin disorders as well as skin burns.
Due to the long experience, with NEEM trees, that lot of persons have .... we need and welcome all informations regarding this matter.

basavasankar

careful entering into cultivation

Dear Sir,
Neam leaf can be obtained from South India for better results compared to north india.Recently, due to NREGS programme neam leaf collection has become uneconomical. If you are perticular about neam leaf some traders like Koteswarrao of 98480ONGOLE 79321.
But the rate i am not gurantee. The VELUGU/SERP , a govt organisation of AP is also involved in neem leaf & Seed collection.
Recent development is " Artimisia annua" large scale cultivation is going on.If you want hebochem rediffmail.com can give you all details of contract cultivation across india and importation from other African countries.
CIMAP Lucknow is also having good cultivation of artimissia in UP and Uttarakhand states.
This is one of the best drug againest Malaria/ Cerbrel malaria.

jcmorgado

dear sir
thanks a lot, but due to the pilot program with neem trees, we must bring this investigation to an end.
However I will begin to study about this artimisia.
In the mean time, and as far as we know, in south of India - kerala region, malaria have been almost erradicated, due to neem contents, oil, bark, cake, leaves.... is this correct?
If yes , how can we use the leaves , because the trees still very young for seeds, in order to start this fighting this mosquito-borne infectious disease.
Sir as you know , normally for this actions the budgets are .... very short, therefore all the information regarding how to extract - azadiractin, or oil, from the parts of the tree, other than the seeds...
If you or any one, can help us - teaching us - in a simple way but, very practical and objective, please do so.
best regards

basavasankar

Neem Kerala

Eradication of Malaria in Kerala... may be due to the presence/utilization of Neem... good thought ... we never come across as it is mainly treatment subject based.
To get these answers please go to websites of aryavydyasalakottakkal etc. Kerala treatements websites.
Regarding Artimisia: it is the only one remedy for cerebrel malarias in remote areas of Visakhapatnam district of AP. Still is it not eradicated.
Arimisinin, Artimether are being produced by WHO in large scale to fight with Malaria. Somanath of herbochem company used to bring lot of quatities of artimisia from Tanzania as he used to purchase large quantity of bark of Cichona from West bengal forest auctions. can be contacted for any supply and knowledge can be shared.

Last edited by a moderator: