Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

Question Inter crop with Mango

Register

Click Here!

vermaaditya

Dear All, I have about 80 Alphanso mango plants. What all can I do along with that as intercrop? possoible to do black pepper etc? what else could give me regular income.
My orchard is in Konkan area with heavy rainfall

garao56

Inter Cropping or Fillers:
Usually mangoes are planted wide apart and have juvenile period of 4-5 years. Hence, the interspaces can profitably be utilized for growing of crops. Select the intercrop very carefully. For the proper development of root system and canopy of the young plants, aeration and moisture is very necessary.

It will be beneficial to remove weeds from the basins periodically. Intercrop should not interfere with the mango plants for nutrition, light and moisture. Intercrops can be grown for the first 4-5 years of age of the plants. Wheat can be sown by providing separate irrigation system to the mango plants. Pulses like grams and massar should be preferred. In Khariff season Moong or Arhar should be grown. Vegetable growing can be useful than intercrops. In Uttar Pradesh Sugarcane and poplar are being grown as intercrops.

Fillers are a good alternative to intercrops. Fruit plants like Plums, Peaches and Papaya can be planted as filler in mango plantations. Mango is a slow growing fruit crop. Hence, mango itself can be used a filler, which should be removed when it starts interfering with the main plants.

stevifarm

Go for stevia or medicinal crops. If you need further assistance we can provide.

Last edited by a moderator:

garao56

If export potential for stevia is not available difficult in marketing of the produce

martandwa

Go for stevia or medicinal crops. If you need further assistance we can provide.
I have more than 20acres of land in Palghar, Maharashtra, India with irrigation availability.
Please guide me for details.
We are happy to do corporate farming also with contract.
Best regards,

garao56

Please take up orchard crops like mango , pomegranate , taiwan gua etc for profitability. Please utilise the subsidy from National Horitculture Board . For any clarifications and project reports please consult us

stevifarm

you can go for stevia as an inter-crop with our buy-back agreement. Stevia is 5 years crop, first harvest starts from 5 months and subsequently every 3.5 months for 5 years, an approximate of 1.5 ton per acre per year yield is expected in inter-crop. Please contact us .

achaldate

Dear All, I have about 80 Alphanso mango plants. What all can I do along with that as intercrop? possoible to do black pepper etc? what else could give me regular income.
My orchard is in Konkan area with heavy rainfall
Hello Vermaaditya,
Nice to you know that you have a good parcel of land.
You can start fish farming, which will help you get good income, also, black pepper and small plants like ginger, garlic, etc. can be intercropped.
I can help you in all of the above. If interested please reply .