Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

Information on different breeds of cows.

Register

Click Here!

nidhintvm

Hi,

I am planning to start a diary farm with 20 cows. Now i am collecting information for that. I read in some books that there are some breeds of cows which yields more than 20 liters of milk. In the same way i heard of the cows which is yielding less than 15 litres. can some one provide me some information regarding the different breeds of cows with which i can start a diary farm. Also let me know the expected price of each cow.

ajkumar

Breeds of cows

Hello,

Holstein Fresian cows can give you 20 litres of milk provided you bring good cows, feed them well, house them well, give enough water, calcium and mineral supplementation etc. Jersey,Gir,Thaparkar,Sahiwal are other breeds but sourcing them is a big task. Deworm your cows regularly as per the need. Take preventive vaccinations. Your location if possible PM me. A good HF cow might cost you Rs.45000/- to Rs.55000/- plus transportation of Rs.3000/- per cow (Load it in trucks by evening,unload at your destination early morning before sunrise)

Kumar

Hi,

I am planning to start a diary farm with 20 cows. Now i am collecting information for that. I read in some books that there are some breeds of cows which yields more than 20 liters of milk. In the same way i heard of the cows which is yielding less than 15 litres. can some one provide me some information regarding the different breeds of cows with which i can start a diary farm. Also let me know the expected price of each cow.

Last edited:

SWAMY1807

What you heard it truth and what you intending is will be your achievment which you need to do hard work to achieve more than 20 liter milk yield.
All the best.
SWAMY.

dare_win

hello
proper managment of animal will give good benifits bcoz it require sanitation
healthy environment , proper feeding .in gujarat kankarej breed of cow is more stable in any deviate environment and more stable . in proper management it give more than 20 lit milk. another option is cross hf cow is sustain in india which also give more than 35 lit milk but it cannot give qualitative milk and their health is also poor.