Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

INFO about dairy farmings in Karnataka

Register

Click Here!

deepu711

Hi,
Can anybody suggest which are the best dairy farms to visit in Karnataka. I stay in Bangalore.

Also give your suggestions as I have plans of starting new dairy farming earlier by this year.

Last edited by a moderator:

garao56

Dairy farming

Dear Sri Deepu,

If you are are able to provide basic rquirements like the following you need not visit any dairy farm:

1. Cross bred cows are suitable to Bangalore conditions.

2. Shed , store room and workers quarters

3. 1 or 2 acres of agricultural land for raising fodder crops.

4. 2 pairs of labourers for caring animals and miliking

5. Irrigation facilities like well or bore well

for 10 animal unit at least Rs 6 Lakhs are required (unit cost) out of the same we can appraoch a commercial banak for a term loan of Rs.4.50 Lakhs If you are serious about establishment of mini dairy unit please appraoch me for a project report at an nominal cost.

G.Ananda Rao B.Sc(Ag), vijaya Agro consultants , 9703128495

SWAMY1807

Hi?
In addition to above, all dairy activity places are good to learn something for you?
How you find good without knowing bad?

naveenblr86

Dear Sri Deepu,

If you are are able to provide basic rquirements like the following you need not visit any dairy farm:

1. Cross bred cows are suitable to Bangalore conditions.

2. Shed , store room and workers quarters

3. 1 or 2 acres of agricultural land for raising fodder crops.

4. 2 pairs of labourers for caring animals and miliking

5. Irrigation facilities like well or bore well

for 10 animal unit at least Rs 6 Lakhs are required (unit cost) out of the same we can appraoch a commercial banak for a term loan of Rs.4.50 Lakhs If you are serious about establishment of mini dairy unit please appraoch me for a project report at an nominal cost.

G.Ananda Rao B.Sc(Ag), vijaya Agro consultants , 9703128495
Hi Ananda Rao,

I am working for company in Bangalore and willing to start a small dairy farm with 7 to 10 local + HF cows (will increase gradually depending feasibility). For that i am looking for a farm whicsh is may be 150 kms away from Bangalore. I am a beginner to the dairy farming, so pleae let me know who much acres of land is required for fodder development ?? (only for dairy farming).

I have been reading articles on dairy farming and success stories of people who have moved from cities to rural side for engaging them selves in dairy farming. Even i have inspired and looking to establish a farm house and start dairy business with a initial turn over of about 100 ltrs of milk every day (with 10 cows). I heard from few of the dairy farmers that 20rs / ltr is paid.

Please provide me more information on images of cow shed, barns, fodder preparing unit, milking system, cooling system. All your suggestions are welcomed.

Regards,
Naveen

Last edited:

prasadbldr

need to contact u for dairy farm

Hi,
Can anybody suggest which are the best dairy farms to visit in Karnataka. I stay in Bangalore.

Also give your suggestions as I have plans of starting new dairy farming earlier by this year.

Dear sir,
i too from bangalore with ambition to start dairy farm. please wish to contact u send contact details

prasadbldr

need to contact u

Dear sir,
i too from bangalore with ambition to start dairy farm. please wish to contact u send contact details

Hi Ananda Rao,

I am working for company in Bangalore and willing to start a small dairy farm with 7 to 10 local + HF cows (will increase gradually depending feasibility). For that i am looking for a farm whicsh is may be 150 kms away from Bangalore. I am a beginner to the dairy farming, so pleae let me know who much acres of land is required for fodder development ?? (only for dairy farming).

I have been reading articles on dairy farming and success stories of people who have moved from cities to rural side for engaging them selves in dairy farming. Even i have inspired and looking to establish a farm house and start dairy business with a initial turn over of about 100 ltrs of milk every day (with 10 cows). I heard from few of the dairy farmers that 20rs / ltr is paid.

Please provide me more information on images of cow shed, barns, fodder preparing unit, milking system, cooling system. All your suggestions are welcomed.

Regards,
Naveen

raita raghu

Dairy farming

Hi sir/madam this is raghavendra from karnataka staying in gulbarga(north) i own 6 acers farm and full facility of water (i.e my farm is near by bheema river:)). I am very much intresetd in dairy farming i don't have bit knowledge of dairy farming can anyone please guide me and i am having only 1 lakh still how much money i have invest for maintaing 10 buffalos and which type of buffalos i must keep and i must take permissin from karnataka government or what? Banks will provide loan ? In subsidy by caste reservation? Please guide me sir/madam....!
Im new to this blog:)

kumarudayram

Hi raghu im from raichoor but present im staying in banglore i intrested to do agricututer in my village and also i planned to do dairy forming i can get a information from you................ How is going on your dairy?