Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

In Telangana which are the most profitable crops, plantations and cattle project

Register

Click Here!

akhilsami

Dear All,
Hope you are doing wonderful!

I have been living abroad for some time and planning to come back to India for good in a couple of months. I own 15 acres of agriculture land near to Hyderabad, Telangana with a good water source.

I sincerely appreciate the forum members to advise me about the profitable crops, plantations and any other cattle project which has high demand in terms of market and value to make a good living out of it.

Note: I am looking for friendly advice and not interested in any paid services. Paid consultancies, please stay away

You can reach me on Whatsapp 00966 595295776 or email me at akhilsami@hotmail.com. TIA

akhilsami

Hello Mr Akhil Sami ..

I would suggest 'Aloevera' or go for "Sandalwood" crops for high Return rate and future market potential ...
Thanks for your reply.
Indeed for Sandalwood, the returns are very high but need to wait for many years. I am looking to start something where I can make income at least in a year. Please share more details about Aloe vera and its market potential.

dns1807

Hi? It is better to adopt completed Agriculture set up for sustainable future. In order to have sustainability in agriculture, one should adopt all kind of crops which can generate income on daily, monthly and yearly basis like Pygmy/Savings Bank/Current Account & Fixed Deposit. They are Vegetables for daily income. Sericulture for Monthly Income. Guava & Lemons for half yearly income, Mango, Tamarind etc for yearly crops. Timber crops for future income.
Agriculture is the future for every one because every one can live with any product. But, no one including Begger to Bilgate can live without agriculture produce for a single day. Have great Agriculture ahead. In the mean time, why can't you can have visit to Agriculture activity areas in US and study their itself to know any advanced methods in agriculture?

akhilsami

Thank you for your very informative reply. I completely agree with you that agriculture is the future for everyone and this is the reason I decided to take up my forefather's profession which I left 18 years back.
vegetables for daily income, Guava & lemons for half yearly income sounds interesting. I will apply your advice.
I believe Dairy business is also one of the best for daily income and has great potential. I am thinking to start with 20 Murrah buffaloes with a mission to deliver pure & healthy milk to the society and the vision is to be a preferred healthy milk products supplier.

greenlandfns

Thank you for your very informative reply. I completely agree with you that agriculture is the future for everyone and this is the reason I decided to take up my forefather's profession which I left 18 years back.
vegetables for daily income, Guava & lemons for half yearly income sounds interesting. I will apply your advice.
I believe Dairy business is also one of the best for daily income and has great potential. I am thinking to start with 20 Murrah buffaloes with a mission to deliver pure & healthy milk to the society and the vision is to be a preferred healthy milk products supplier.
You can get proper answers to most of your doubts and queries about farming in this site itself as there is so much of information about all kind of farming matters gathered over many years through posts of many lakhs of people involved in farming in this site. Perhaps, this is the only place where you can get "something for nothing" with regard to farming. Even government agencies take money for services and consultancy for farming now in India and elsewhere. And when you want to start an economic venture, even if it is farming, which is one of the best commercial venture always in human history, no one is going to offer you clear and proper advise free because nothing in this world now is free (You may please read Earnest Hemingway: Something for Nothing) You will get free advises like the one above to go for Aloe vera and Sandalwood farming: There is already too much cultivation of Aloe vera in India and it will be feasible now only if you can go for large area cultivation with investment capacity to set up facilities to produce high end value added products like cosmetics and Chenninayakam etc. And the Sandalwood farming advise without mentioning that Sandalwood will not grow properly in normal farm situations and it requires a forest-like situation for its proper growth, being a forest tree and being a root parasite, and requires specific companion trees around etc is the kind of advise you get free. Please do not come back to India with American farming ideas and practices mainly based on large, ranch farming methods and use of all kinds of chemicals (now many being transformed into organic by adding some organic materials to chemicals) which will fail miserably in India except those time tested, socially and environmentally adaptable technologies suitable for Indian conditions. America-based farming methods that are promoted in the name of Green Revolution (introduced by an American who went to do research on wheat to Mexico leaving his own country, a major wheat producer, why?!!, and he got Nobel prize for International Peace and not science/genetics,why?!!) had destroyed already vast tracts of our organic food chain and made > 70% of Indian people sick with some diseases related to toxins in the food chain, and India lost its crops diversity especially cereal diversity of more than 50% through Green Revolution, and we are trying to recover from that American toxic farming forced upon poor, illiterate farmers by our own governments to help Chemical MNCs of US and Europe in 1960s-80s, through our own ages old farming methods based on traditional, natural, spiritual and Vriksha Ayurveda systems of farming. So, please do not come back to India with such poisonous ideas of American corporate farming in which there are no real farmer as such, only "god-like or devil-like" unidentifiable corporate honchos, with no real commitment to the people or the environment and with only commitment to increase profit, which is far away from real farming. This much is free advise as you wanted, from one of the very few Well Known Members in this site, with a humble responsibility associated with this given special status, to correct so many foolish things stated by New Members who gather half baked information from the internet/fb/twtr etc and post it as expert opinion, without understanding the diverse aspects to be analysed before giving a cultivation or farm project advise. Example above: Mango and Tamarind for yearly crop: Mango is fine to some level as you can do some inter crops along with Mango. But Tamarind is a "solitary, autocratic" tree that will not allow even grass to come up under it, with its spider net like root system that will evenly cover from earth surface till the depth end of its central root. So, illiterate farmers in India will not plant Tamarind inside the farm where he want to cultivate cereals, pulses, spices or herbs etc, and plant it in the far away border or waste or barren part of the farm only, to get enough Tamarind for home use or it is grown as wasteland/barren/arid area tree.

Last edited:

nivedanafarms

Hi,

Is this a virgin land or chemical free for few years? If so, you can try organic farming and organic dairy.

People are very much looking for true organic produce. Such produce can be marketed at a higher price which the right minded buyers doesn't really mind. It will be a win win situation.

You can call me to talk about this on my number 6300379375.

Good luck.

akhilsami

Hi,

Is this a virgin land or chemical free for few years? If so, you can try organic farming and organic dairy.

People are very much looking for true organic produce. Such produce can be marketed at a higher price which the right minded buyers doesn't really mind. It will be a win win situation.

You can call me to talk about this on my number 6300379375.

Good luck.
Thank you for your reply and sharing your contact details. Yes we have virgin and fertilizer free land which can be used for organic farming. I will get back you and seek more information on this. Btw, where is your farm located?
Cheers!