Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

Question IDEA FOR DAIRY AND AGRICULTURE FARMING

Register

Click Here!

hi friends.
I am from Puri in ODISHA.
Iam interested in mixed agriculture. This enquiry is to have a general IDEA for the agriculture sector.
1] I want to have a dairy firm on my proposed firm house of say 1 acre.
2] Apart from dairy firm I want also to have cash crops, fish farming etc so that the total project can be successful.
Now my question is to start with around 10 cows which breed will be successful for DESI cows?
Will it be profitable with 10 cows and the milk is to be sold to bulk purchasers, as a new entrant without experience I cannot sell loose.
Secondly what kind of other crops can be done in the hot climate which can go upto 35 degrees in summer.
As the farm will be near Puri the climate is not so hot like other areas of ODISHA which goes uptp 40 + temp.
I request to all concerned who can give me valuable ideas and expected investment.
regards
N.D. GOSWAMI

bsantaram23

What is the contact detail like contact person mail I'd phone no. address, of the NABARD

Last edited by a moderator:

garao56

Dear sir,

Please take projec report for 10 cows under DED Scheme of NABARD (yet to be renewed for the year 2020-21) and submit to the Bank or cooperative Bank, after sanctioning the loan they will claim the subsidy from NABARD Regional Office, through the Bank's Regional Office, within a month.

Banker's role is important , you need not meet the NABARD officials.

Please contact us for project report.

G.Anandarao B.Sc (Ag)

garao56

Please see the NABARD website and verify the incharge AGM of your districtr in Orissa and talk to him and get your doubts clarified or please call to me for clarifications.

G.Anandarao B.Sc(Ag)

spregmi

hi friends.
I am from Puri in ODISHA.
Iam interested in mixed agriculture. This enquiry is to have a general IDEA for the agriculture sector.
1] I want to have a dairy firm on my proposed firm house of say 1 acre.
2] Apart from dairy firm I want also to have cash crops, fish farming etc so that the total project can be successful.
Now my question is to start with around 10 cows which breed will be successful for DESI cows?
Will it be profitable with 10 cows and the milk is to be sold to bulk purchasers, as a new entrant without experience I cannot sell loose.
Secondly what kind of other crops can be done in the hot climate which can go upto 35 degrees in summer.
As the farm will be near Puri the climate is not so hot like other areas of ODISHA which goes uptp 40 + temp.
I request to all concerned who can give me valuable ideas and expected investment.
regards
N.D. GOSWAMI
I can help you in business plan .
One acre is enough for maximum of 6 cows. If you want integrated framing will not be feasible.
Thanks

garao56

Earlier I have mentioned about DED scheme of NABARD for Dairy Development , this year the scheme was discontinued

baachim

Please see the NABARD website and verify the incharge AGM of your districtr in Orissa and talk to him and get your doubts clarified or please call to me for clarifications.

G.Anandarao B.Sc(Ag)
sir, give us urs email and phone number, we will approch you sir

murali00

sir
I am from Srikakulam, I am interested in cow formation, I have more doubts about cow formation
will u please suggest me
which cow is best one Srikakulam area
how much acrs usesd in 10 cows
how much investment

garao56

Dear Sri Murali00 ,
Crossbred Jersy cow is suitable to your area
2-3 acres are sufficient for raising fodder for 10 cows
The estimated cost will be Rs.5.00 Lakhs for 10 cows, shed and other equipment 2.5 - 3 Lakhs (simple constructions)
Total Rs.7.50 - 8.00 Lakhs
If Milking machines are used Rs.10.00 Lakhs .
You can approach bank for Rs.7.50 Lakhs term loan

maheshgm

sir I am from Yellapur taluk Uttara kannada, karnataka and I am interested in cow formation, I have more doubts about cow formation will u please suggest me which cow is best in Uttara-kannada dist, karnataka? i have 12 acre and where we can get pure cows like if i buy pure HF cows? Pls check and revert me pls. Regards, Mahesh

garao56

Pure HF will not be available for sale , the breeding companies will not release the progeny. Only cross bred cows are available for dairying activity. In and around Bangalore city the cows are available , kindly procure from Bangalore. Now calving season started it is the best time. The yield may be 15-20 lts per day