Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

I want to start Prawn farming small business

Register

Click Here!

srrkapoor

Stocking of PLs (baby prawns) is done 2 months after onset of monsoon. You can in the mean time prepare you ponds. Ideal size is 100M x 100M x 1.5 M depth. Prawns are normally cultured with 5 varieties of Indian Major Carps. Please contact the local fisheries department before constructing the ponds as subsidy is available for ponds. (Rs. 75,000). Also bank loan at low interest rate is available for aqua culture. The biggest cost of aqua culture is feed, which is almost 70%. Try to make your own feed with locally available ingredients.
S. Kapoor

rennaveen

Hi,
Im intrested in Prawn farming... I have a agriculture (Paddy) land in Kanchipuram, which i want to turn as prawn farm, is that possible to grow the prawns in fresh water as the seay is almost 70 -8- kms away from my place.....could you share me the full details with investment, possibilities and project report... to read and proceed further...drop me a separate email rennaveen@yahoo.co.in.

Regards
Naveen
+971-502935065

Stocking of PLs (baby prawns) is done 2 months after onset of monsoon. You can in the mean time prepare you ponds. Ideal size is 100M x 100M x 1.5 M depth. Prawns are normally cultured with 5 varieties of Indian Major Carps. Please contact the local fisheries department before constructing the ponds as subsidy is available for ponds. (Rs. 75,000). Also bank loan at low interest rate is available for aqua culture. The biggest cost of aqua culture is feed, which is almost 70%. Try to make your own feed with locally available ingredients.
S. Kapoor

mhprcs

Prawn Farming Project Consultancy Services

We are project management consultants based at Chennai, Tamilnadu and can assist promoters in setting up marine or freshwater prawn/fish farming projects, hatcheries, feedmills, cold storages etc. apart from other food processing and agricultural projects. We can arrange bank finance and subsidy from the respective Government institutions.