Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

hydroponics

Register

Click Here!

pdrworld

am looking for somebody who could get us started with hydroponics , please contact me in Mumbai . If somebody could guide how to get started with growing some fruits and vegetables to start with , what are the supplies required and where i can get those in mumbai or anywhere else

Last edited by a moderator:

Ashwini

Hi

Hydroponics is a method of growing plants using mineral nutrient solutions, in water, without soil. Terrestrial plants may be grown with their roots in the mineral nutrient solution only or in an inert medium, such as perlite, gravel, mineral wool, or coconut husk.

Some of the reasons why hydroponics is being adapted around the world for food production are the following:

* No soil is needed
* The water stays in the system and can be reused - thus, lower water costs
* It is possible to control the nutrition levels in their entirety - thus, lower nutrition costs
* No nutrition pollution is released into the environment because of the controlled system
* Stable and high yields
* Pests and diseases are easier to get rid of than in soil because of the container's mobility
* It is easier to harvest

Today, hydroponics is an established branch of agronomy. Progress has been rapid, and results obtained in various countries have proved it to be thoroughly practical and to have very definite advantages over conventional methods of horticulture.

There are two chief merits of the soil-less cultivation of plants. First, hydroponics may potentially produce much higher crop yields. Also, hydroponics can be used in places where in-ground agriculture or gardening are not possible.

Disadvantages

Without soil as a buffer, any failure to the hydroponic system leads to rapid plant death. Other disadvantages include pathogen attacks such as damp-off due to Verticillium wilt caused by the high moisture levels associated with hydroponics and over watering of soil based plants. Also, many hydroponic plants require different fertilizers and containment system

Regards
Ashwini

nkjohri

Any Progress?

@pdrworld - Were you able to get any real input to get started on your Hydroponics projects? I have been thinking along those lines as well but almost everyone I see here seems to be a 'consultant' with little or no experience with actual cultivation in the field..:confused:

It would be good if you decide to share your experiences as your start down this path...

manishraut248

Dear All
This is my Company's official FB Page. We had dream to start revolution in Hydroponics in India and we have started with of working that dream to make real. This is our one of the steps to make our dream more successful and make ourself capable to cater the complete market of India for hydroponics. We appreciate your support by liking the page or sharing it. It will be great honour to us to be part of our company in this way and sharing knowledge and idea that we are can definitely look forward for better future in the field of Hydroponics.
Regards
Manish Raut
Director- Arbor Biotech Private Limited
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Arbor-Biotech-Private-Limited/115550338632116?ref=hl