Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

Hydroponics

Register

Click Here!

rv_gupta

What is the estimated capital requirement for a hydroponics plant in 1 acre of land? I own the land in Aurangabad and I want to know the estimated cost of machinery. And also what will you recommend to be grown there.

atulkalaskar

Dear Mr. Gupta,

Costing is very subjective matter and it entirely depends on what you wish to grow and which elements of nature you have to control. For example if you wish to grow Strawberries year round then it can cost you upward of 1.20 cr per acre while growing ginger may cost you about 30 lakh per acre.

Please do realize that hydroponics is just a tool and thus I would first suggest you do a research on the crop that you wish to grow, it's market and what benefits hydroponics can bring to this crop. Once you are sure of the crop, then optimum hydroponic system can be designed.

Take a look at this strawberry project of mine...
YouTube - straw berrry in poly house 7/12

Hope it helps.

Best Regards

Atul Kalaskar

Last edited by a moderator:

mkiran2080

Hi Atul,

Can you please send a mail to me with your contact details

Regards
Kiran

Last edited by a moderator:

rv_gupta

Thanks a lot Mr. Atul. The video was of great help indeed. I don't understand Marathi completely but I have understood most of the things in the video.
I'll do a research on a crop which I wish to grow. I would be really thankful sir if you could answer my following queries regarding your strawberry business:-

1. You said it costs around 1.2 cr upwards for 1 acre of land for strawberries. I would like to know- in how many years do you expect to get back your initial investment i.e in how many years you will get the Break Even Point?

2. What are the expenses that you have incurred apart from the capital investment?

3. I have heard it takes about 2-3 months for strawberry to grow. So by hydroponics is there any reduction in this period?

4. How many times in a year you grow strawberries? (I mean
how many seasons 3 or 4)

5. Is this yield sold at a higher market price and also the Net Profit you make in a single year?

I know sir it's a pretty big list of questions but i would be really grateful if you could answer them.
And sir I am studying in Pune. So I would also be thankful if I could have your appointment so that I could come to meet you and discuss this matter with further details.

Regards

Ravi Gupta

Last edited:

vishwakarma

What is the estimated capital requirement for a hydroponics plant in 1 acre of land? I own the land in Aurangabad and I want to know the estimated cost of machinery. And also what will you recommend to be grown there.
Hello,

Please send your contact details, by sending private message

Mobile no , Email ID etc.

We have very good proposal for you, regarding Hdroponic / Green House cultivation project.

Regards

MRC