Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

Question Hydroponics nutrients

Register

Click Here!

agrihydro

I would like to know about the nutrients used for hydroponics. Are these nutrients organic

Last edited by a moderator:

maitys

I would like to know about the nutrients used for hydroponics. Are these nutrients organic
There are two types of hydroponic nutrients, synthetic or organic based.
A synthetic is in the form of water soluble salts developed by humans for plant intake i.e. Iron EDTA, Calcium Nitrate(Tetrahydrate)
Magnesium Sulfate (Heptahydrate),Potassium Nitrate, Manganese Sulfate (Monohydrate),Boric Acid, Copper Sulfate (pentahydrate), Sodium Molybdate (Dihydrate), Zinc Sulfate (Dihydrate), Phosphoric Acid (30%) etc. Comparable to the way table salt separates in water to form Na+ (cation) and Ci- (anion), the pre-formulated fertilizer salts separates into the correct spectrum concentrations of needed ions components needed for plant success. Organic fertilizer components are dependent upon organism in the water to convert the organic materials into an inorganic usable form for plants .
Because of the non soluble of many nature sources of nutrition, organic based hydroponic have 20 - 30% fertilizer salts with the rest being soluble organic components, such as avian excrement , plant extracts, worm castings, potash and sea weed etc.
Because all of the components are not identical in structure and properties they separate at different rates in the solvent creating a minor pH fluctuation.