Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

Question How to start aloevera farm?

Register

Click Here!

jimmy vaniya

hi i m jimmy .my father is farmer i have 10 acre agriculture land in tharad banaskantha district of gujarat.my land is like deseart land .so i have start aloe vera in farm.

garao56

Please contact us for guidance and farming

G. Anandarao B.Sc(Ag)
Rtd. Agricultural Officer & Agricultural Banker
Yanamalakuduru, Vijayawada -520013, Krishna Dt, AP

jackharrywa

Hi, I am Jack Harry,
My father is also a farmer, I am also interested in farming, I have a part of a land, which is free, not in use. I also wanna utilize it in proper farming land.

garao56

Dear sir,
Before taking up of cultivation of Aloe vera please try for arrangements for marketing

G. Anandarao B.Sc(Ag)
Rtd. Agricultural Officer & Agricultural Banker
Yanamalakuduru, Vijayawada -520013, Krishna Dt, AP

alok212003

Hi Jimmy ,of course I will guide you in your proposed project for aloe vera farming and processing of aloe vera leave.

First of all please note that you will have 60-80 MT of aloe vera leave per acre per annum on the basis of

15-20 MT of aloe vera leave per acre per cut and you can have 3-4 cuts per year .Please let me know how many acres of land you have for aloe vera cultivation ?

I will require the following info. at the first instance to assess the viability and techno-economical analysis of your proposed project:

1.The pH value of the land(It should preferably between 7 -9.5 pH)

2.Topographical position of the land (it should be high land to avoid water logging.)

3. Availability of water for irrigation (not much)

4. Approachable road and nearest high way distance from the farm

5.Rainfall during monsoon ,if the data available

6.Maximum and minimum ambient temperature(it should be around 10 degree C to 45 degree C under Indian climatic condition)

7.How many acres of land you have for aloe vera faming.

If you want my consultancy service for your proposed project, I will render you my service in the following arenas:

1. Assessment of land chemistry and topographical position

2.Selection of proper baby plant economically and technically viable .

3.Plotting

4.Pit formation

5.Land preparation

6. Channeling

7.Manuring

8.Irrigation

9.Cultivation

10. Cutting process of leaves

11. Preservation of leaves after cutting

12. Profitability and profit margin

13.Manpower requirement and cost.

14. Helping in arranging buy back/contract farming

.You may not be aware that soil quality for aloe vera plants cultivation you should be concerned with the following criteria as the production of aloe vera leave depend on land chemistry and it is to be considered judiciously as growth of aloe vera plants depends on majorly soil condition:

1.The soil should be semi arid, hard and not a marsh land. Sandy soil and soil are also aloe vera plantation friendly.

2.pH of the soil should be between 7-9.5 for better yield.

3.The entire land for cultivation should preferably in a single stress from logistic point of view.

4.The sun rays should be on the land most of the times of the day.

4.High land is to be selected to avoid water logging as roots of aloe vera plant is very much susceptible to water and it is rotten if it is under water constantly for few days

5.The high way is to be nearest to the land area for easy and quick transportation of aloe vera leaves to the consuming points as aloe vera leaves start rotting after 36 hours of cutting from the mother plants.

6.Approach road should be there to reach high way from the farm area.

7.It is advisable to avoid land having H.T. over head transmission line going over the land.

The above parameters to be kept in mind as productivity of aloe vera leave and yield of juice depend upon the soil condition.

If you desire to have my consultancy service, I will gladly render the same.Please note that I am having about 5+ years of working experience in this field.
Cheers
Er.Alok Ranjan Dutta

B.E.(CHEMICAL);M.I.E.;P.G.D.M.M.;P.G.D.P.T.

CONSULTANT ENGINEER

Kolkata:700061,India

Whats app no:8335950049

L +91-033-24939727

M- +91-08335950049

M- +91-09163772225

Facebook: alok.dutta.1675@facebook.com