Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

How to protect Pomegranate Farms from diseases?

Register

Click Here!

editorialteam

Hi,
Iam interested in Pomegranate farming Rajasthan ( Sri Ganganagar).Can anyone throw light on following points.:

-is it commercially feasible in Rajasthan
-What is variety one should plant.
-The agronamic practices for such plant
-any other info which will help me to analyze the pro and cons of such venture.
-any other profitable horticulture alternative.

Thanks and Regards
Dear Vijai,

Pomegranate can be commercially cultivated in Rajasthan, Bhagva would be good variety to grow. if you provide us average rainfall & temp data of at least one year, we would suggest you the rest.

Regards.
Ramdas patil

cyborg_jp

Dear Mr. Patil,
I am planning to grow Pomegranate in 14 acres in my farm in Anantapur District, Andhra Pradesh. Can you suggest how to prepare the land and how to test the soil health as per your best practices.
Thanks,
-JP

editorialteam

Dear Mr. Patil,

It was recently in news that "In country Chile pomegranate are treated with methyl bromide to protect the fruit from certain invasive pests." What would be your comments on same?

Regards,
Shweta

editorialteam

Dear Mr. Patil,

It was recently in news that "In country Chile pomegranate are treated with methyl bromide to protect the fruit from certain invasive pests." What would be your comments on same?

Regards,
Shweta
Methyl bromide is banned molecule since it is harmful for reducing ozone layer one should not use it for any purpose.

Regards,
Ram Das Patil

Pomengrenet in Guwahati

Dear Mr. Patil,

I have a land piece in area near Guwahati, Assam. Can you please tell me whether it is feasible to grow POmengrenet in this area?

Regards,
Gaurav

editorialteam

Dear Mr. Patil,

Sometime we notice off-season pomegranate fruits in the market. Do you think consumption of these fruits is healthy?

Regards,
Shweta

Dear Mr. Patil,

I received the bboklet containing farming of Pomengrenete.Its very informative and helpful.

Thank you for sending the same.

Regards,
Gaurav

editorialteam

Dear Mr. Patil,
I am planning to grow Pomegranate in 14 acres in my farm in Anantapur District, Andhra Pradesh. Can you suggest how to prepare the land and how to test the soil health as per your best practices.
Thanks,
-JP
Dear JP,

Pomegranates are cultivated in your Anantapur District, Before planting pomo you are required to test soil for all parameters, like pH, EC, Water holding capacity,Lime, Na & all nutrients. You can test the soil sample at Shet Jameen Meemansa Prayogshala. Herbal House, Savarkar Nagar Satana Dist - Nasik- 423301. which is dedicated to pomo. They will suggest suitability as well as distance between plants, variety & all suggestions for its growth.

Regards,
Ramdas Patil

editorialteam

Dear Mr. Patil,

I have a land piece in area near Guwahati, Assam. Can you please tell me whether it is feasible to grow POmengrenet in this area?

Regards,
Gaurav
Dear Gaurav,

Guwahati has heavy rainfall. therefore it would be difficult, but if you provide meteorological data I would suggest its feasibility.

Regards,
RamDas Patil

editorialteam

This fruit can be consumed round the year. It has high medicinal value which is very much beneficial for the health and benefit of human beings. Some people find it very expensive fruits. Well, pomegranate is expensive among all Fruits available is market mainly because of its numorous health importance to human being, few to quote are it is very much useful to control prosthate gland cancer, it contains highest amount of antioxidents which reduces heart problem and aging. It has the precaution to produce estrogens in women and may more to benefits both male & Female. Therefore demand has increased and supply is less, there is little effect of being diseased prone fruits.

Regards,
Ramdas Patil

gprao

training programme on pomegranate farming

dear sir, please inform me about training program on good practices in pomegranate farming. i am a farmer based in bengalur. i can attend even the program is in maharashtra.pl inform details. gprao,member and farmer,karnataka.

gprao

dear sri ramdas. j. patil

dear Dr ramdas.j.patil sir,please send me a booklet on growing pomegranate with good agricultural practices.on information required price and postal charges will be sent to you. pl inform me about training programe on pomegranate so that i can attend. my adress: g.p.rao, 2645, E block, sahakaranagara, bengaluru- 560092, karnataka.

editorialteam

dear Dr ramdas.j.patil sir,please send me a booklet on growing pomegranate with good agricultural practices.on information required price and postal charges will be sent to you. pl inform me about training programe on pomegranate so that i can attend. my adress: g.p.rao, 2645, E block, sahakaranagara, bengaluru- 560092, karnataka.
Dear Mr. Rao,

We have sent your query to Mr. Patil. Once we hear from him, soon we shall update the answer on this thread.

Regards,
Shweta

editorialteam

Dear Mr. Rao,

There is no problem of sending the booklet to you but it is in marathi language, there are no charges for booklet. Regarding the training program - these are also for farmers, hence in local language. one is being conducted at Vaijapur Dist - Aurangabad on 22/06/2012 at 10 am. anybody can attend the programe, no charges.

Regards.
Ramdas Patil.

Dear Mr. Rao,

We have sent your query to Mr. Patil. Once we hear from him, soon we shall update the answer on this thread.

Regards,
Shweta

tyogesh1975

Pomegranate in Konkan

Dear Shri. Patil,

I have 23 acres of Land in Chiplun Taluka and close to Vashishta River in the Konkan belt. Kindly advice whether Pomegranate can be planted in my region and also let me know the which would be the best variety that can grow. Also, can you send me book of the same on following address.

Yogesh Telawne.
C/o. Mr. Ajit Mawale,
Rajtara - B, Flat - 4/A,
Umed Nagar,
Louiswadi,
Thane - 400604.

Regards,
Yogesh

hirpan

Telia_Bacterial Blight Diseases-Solution

Dear Dr. Patil,

I was going through the link on Pomegranate and it was nice to know you advising many people and growing interest in the Pomegranate.

I will like to specially mention here about Bacterial disease which is troubling all and giving a lot of Economical loss.

We have recently promoted a product called Anthium Dioxcide from DuPont, which is a Biocide it kills Bacteria, Spores,Virus, Fungus and Algae. It was tried out at a half acre Pomegranate farm in Solapur area and results were very good.

Fruits were not bursting after using Anthium Dioxcide and only thing was that there was only oily spot at the bottom of the fruits.

I am interested to carry out some professional trial to further continue with the positive result received at Solapur.

Hiren Pancholi
hirpan@yahoo.com

deebarve

Pomo

Dear Sir,

I have 800 plants of Bhagva Pomo near Barshi [Babalgaon village] of 15 months age.
I decided to take fruit this time, currently flowers and small pomo started growing, Pls advise as this rainy season is suitable for taking fruits?
and our area covers 560 mm rain in season.

Also Pls send me booklet of Pomo @ following address.

JALINDAR R ADSUL
Aagalgaon road
Opp to MSEB, Wani Plot No-9
BARSHI-413401
Dist SOLAPUR, MAHARASHTRA

editorialteam

Dear Mr. Yogesh, Hiren and Jalindar,

We have forwarded your queries to Mr. Patil. We shall post the answers as soon as we receive them.

Regards,
Shweta