Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

How to make good profit with lamb Fattening

Register

Click Here!

vgmr ltd

Hi Farmers,

For the people who are new to sheep farming ,Fattening of sheep is a very profitable business.The Internal rate of return is very high for Sheep fattening or Ram lamb fattening.

Generally Many farms will bring the ram(male sheep)@ age of 3 months and will grow for a period of 6 months for which we need to hold investment for 6 months.After a year of analasys in sheep farming we learnt that the growth from age of 6 months to 9th month of sheep we will acheive 80% of the weight .So the growth from 3rd month to 6th month is very less..... It is always advisable to get the sheep @ 6 months and grow for 2 or 3 months and sell them.

We are from Kadapa , Andhra pradesh.
We are suppliers and manufacturers of sheep .
We are ready to provide sheep @ competitive in karnataka tamilnadu and Andhra pradesh .Price per kg of living sheep will be around 200-225 rupees (negotiable).You can also immediately sell it for minimum 240 per living kg.
Generally the sheep per living kg will be @ 250.

Each sheep will be 20 to 30 kg average 25kg so you can earn 25(sheep)*25(minimum difference with us )=625 per sheep.
If you can sell 100 sheep per a month you can earn 62000 per month with very minimum exenditure in growing.

Kindly let me know @ gurumohan.vr@gmail.com if anyone is interested to start the sheep business or if need any further information.Kindly mail me i will send my mobile number.

Have a nice day

Last edited:

aamir956

Im based in Chintamani and was just wondering how economical this type of fattening would be?

here in general the price of sheep around 6 months old or about 18-20kg live weight is 4800/- (240/kg)
operation costs like labour+feed+vet comes to around 250 per head per month. So for 3 months its 750/-
4800+750=5550 is the manufacturing cost.

now selling:
consider weight gain of approx 4 kgs in 3 months.
so the live weight is 24 kgs. and retail mutton rate is 400/kg
Butcher will ask for 14kgs(carcass weight)*400=5600/- in a best case scenario

So wr is profit?? or iam missing something