Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

how to make 75000/year/acre income by doing agriculture ??

Register

Click Here!

satyfthb

friend.......
please share your idea/input considering 20 acre available land (well irrigated and fertile- presently doing conventional farming of rice, wheat and pulses).

what steps we should take to generate revenue of 75000/acre/year. what shd be done on short term gain basis (like immediate return crops) and what should be done on +3 years, +5 years return basis.

please share your experience also.

padmanabhan_ganesan

friend.......
please share your idea/input considering 20 acre available land (well irrigated and fertile- presently doing conventional farming of rice, wheat and pulses).
what steps we should take to generate revenue of 75000/acre/year. what shd be done on short term gain basis (like immediate return crops) and what should be done on +3 years, +5 years return basis.
Short Term Crops - Mostly Vegetables including Greens + Flowers
Medium Term Crops - Papaya, Moringa, Banana, Casurina, Malai Vembu, Bamboo etc + Flowers which have Five Year Horizon
Long Term Crops - Any fruit trees like Coconut, Mango, Sapota, Guava, Tamarind etc
Very Long Term Crops - Timber Trees like Sandalwood, Teak etc

Regards
Padmanabhan Ganesan
Agriculture for Everybody

vgudiban

Short Term (3-4 months) - Various Vegetables, Flowers (Be aware of the labor issues, you might need labor on daily basis). Also, try to cultivate 2-3 types to minimize the risk.

Medium Term (9 Months) - Banana is giving decent returns these days. Risk would be, heavy winds during cyclones might kill the tree. Just need to be careful and take appropriate precautions.

devdatta

friend.......

You reap what you sow. How much are you ready to invest.
What is the infrastructure on f
arm viz irrigation system electricity farm machinery security etc
Where exactly is it situated
All these things will decide what you should grow
devdattakadam@gmail.com

ashokvgowda

hello satyfthb, as replied by couple of friends there are so many aspects one need to consider in Agri, it wouldn't be wrong if you plan to run it like an industry. My suggestion to u would be rather digging u r hand in all 20 acres it would be better and safe if u invest on 2 -3 acres of poly-house. ( Check if u r eligible for u r state govt subsidy ) According to your weather condition u can either choose vegetables like red/yellow capsicum or flowers like rose and gerbera.
I am sure if u work on value addition to traditional agri/farming methods we can yield good profits. ( in simple terms 20 lakhs is a easy target to achieve in 3 acres of poly-house farming )

rajus19

Hi,

I'm buying 18 acres of fertile red soil land with 3 bore wells. Can you please let me know the cost per acre for the poly-house.

satyfthb

The biggest problem with me is that I do not have skilled person to take lead for commercial farming of cash crops.

sathenapalli

Dear Sir,

We have unused boiler chicken forms ,is there any possibilities of converting poly houses.

please give me best idea .

Best Regarding

Subbu

p_anand

Our aim is to increase public awareness about this important natural resource. Guidelines for cultivating & managing Bamboos. We are here to help existing growers of Bamboo & encourage farmers for Bamboo plantation. We also supply Bamboo saplings. We are currently having 21 species of Bamboo.
you can get in touch with us on the following link.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Organizer/439291576152486?fref=ts

Best Regards
Anand Patki.