Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

How to decrease pump RPM for steady borewell discharge

Register

Click Here!

I have installed a 15 HP submersible pump (CRI) in my farm in Southern Tamil Nadu. This pump is installed in a 380 feet borewell that has an average yield of 3000 to 3600 litres per hour. The 15 HP pump was installed on basis of a wrong advice provided by the pump dealer as I was looking at installing rain gun and a rain gun required significant pressure. In hindsight a 5 or a 7.5 HP pump should have served the purpose

I am now in a situation where the pump discharges around 500 litres of water in 6 minutes and goes dry and after a 6 minute interval discharges water again. This is because the borewell has a yield of only 3000 to 3600 LPH

I have tried correcting the water discharge by installing a valve at the delivery point on top, but this has not helped in managing a steady water output / discharge. Having bought the pump, alongwith the necessary accessories, I want to put the pump to good use.

I am writing to seek advice from experts on this forum on how can I calibrate / decrease the RPM movements of the pump so that I can control the fast discharge and set the pump at a moderate and steady discharge. (FYI…. I have checked with the CRI Pumps dealer and he does not have much knowledge on this)

Suggestions from experts on this forum will be very much appreciated

regards

P S Krishnan