Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

how to cultivate drumsticks in dry land(chowdu boomi)

Register

Click Here!

arunteja

Hello
sir, i have 5acers dryland (chowdu boomi) in anantapur dist, andhrapradesh, i dig borewell about 250 fts and get a water of 3inches and build a compound(fancing) around my land and import 1000 loads of red,black soil in my land and mix it well and i prepared for cultivation. at last some peoples says that the dryland(chowdu boomi) is never to cultivate any crops it is waste for agriculture. so i really disapointed,is the dry land is posible to cultivate ? if posible how can i do it? and which crop is sutable for my land if drip irrigation is needed or not? pls help me! i am realy helpless thanking u

agryguru

How to Start Farming in Dry Land

Dear Friend,

No land is waste land in this world, only lazy people who make such insane verdict. If you are having dry land and less water then you can go for Ramphal, Sitafal, Cotton Seeds, Soyabean, Anar, Bee Farming,etc. Take regular advice from KVK and start your farming.

Agryguru

padmanabhan_ganesan

Hello
sir, i have 5acers dryland (chowdu boomi) in anantapur dist, andhrapradesh, i dig borewell about 250 fts and get a water of 3inches and build a compound(fancing) around my land and import 1000 loads of red,black soil in my land and mix it well and i prepared for cultivation. at last some peoples says that the dryland(chowdu boomi) is never to cultivate any crops it is waste for agriculture. so i really disapointed,is the dry land is posible to cultivate ? if posible how can i do it? and which crop is sutable for my land if drip irrigation is needed or not? pls help me! i am realy helpless thanking u
Hi arunteja,

I am giving a link ( Crops based on Water Needs - ICAAP ) which will give the various crops that can be grown with less water.

Every land has its purpose. The long term solution to your problem is to harvest water that comes during the rainy season and store it in your farm. This will help you to grow several crops. Allocate at least 10% of your land to the water harvesting and storage. This storage tank should be in the middle of the farm so that when it seeps the entire farm is getting benefitted. Also go for drip irrigation as it minimizes the water requirements.

Also, allocate 33% of the farmland to long term crops as you to need water them for the first few years and thereafter they can sustain even without water by tapping the water below the ground.

For other ideas, visit my blog given in my signature.

Regards
Padmanabhan Ganesan
Agriculture for Everybody