Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

How much milk do cows yield?

Register

Click Here!

SWAMY1807

Cows can give milk yield up to 60 litrs per day in India. This is not limit, but we can enhance further with good management of breed purification and up gradation of breeds.

prodigy2006

Hi Swamy,

Woww!! Didn't know that cows in India could yield 60 liters of milk per day. I thought only cows of USA/New Zealand could yield such amounts because they give growth harmones to cows which makes the udder disgustingly huge.

According to you, which breed of Indian cow could yield such large amount of milk?

Thank you.

ag_aman2004

Hi Swamy,

Even in Bst gives not more than 45. Even breeds in Denmark,Holand,Australia & Newzeland gives not more than 40. How 60?. Please give me the website, atleast I can see the creatures

Regards
Amanullah Ag

incepted

I guess enhancing with boosters and pseudo nutrients would spoil the health of cows though it brings temporary cheer to the owner & incremental dissatisfaction for the cow milk 'taste lovers'

prodigy2006

Scientifically it's not proven where it does any damage to humans or not but it definitely brings the life of cows down to 5 years where normally a cow could live upto 20 years.

ajkumar

Milk yield

First of all, your reply clearly shows that you are not up to the required standards. Which breed & where you are getting this much yield. The worst part is getting 60 itself is a very difficult task and it can be enhanced further!!!!. A few weeks before i had seen your reply to one posting that "Indian farmers cannot afford new methods like teat dipping and providing cow mats for cows for better housing" . These cows giving 60 litres can you please elaborate on its housing and preventive care. You were dead against modern techniques and wanted to go in the old village style. Please stay away from giving loose comments.

Kumar

Cows can give milk yield up to 60 litrs per day in India. This is not limit, but we can enhance further with good management of breed purification and up gradation of breeds.

niksnarayana

I think the record for most milk in India is by Karan Frie breed of Karnal, 59.5 kg which is more than 60 lts milk. Check this link for proof : SuperCow

Although it is a fact that there will be only one or two such cows in the dairy industry, like Dhirubai Ambani or Narayan Murthy :).

Good luck with milking.
Nikhil