Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

How do I solve Termite problem in Casuarina?

Register

Click Here!

pbblj

Dear all,
I planted Casurina for fencing purposes in my farm. On the first day after plantation, I observed some saplings were cut from above the ground by termites. On advice from my father, I applied Bromocresol powder. Now above the ground attacks have been minimised. However, yesterday ( 10 day after plantation) I observed that roots were under attack. What should i do to save the saplings? How much water do the plants need? I would be very grateful if any body could help me with this problem.

kirti s

Dear Sir

The best thind is to dig around the roots of each casuarina tree and drill kerosene in holes.The hole is drilled 2 inches deep and 2 feet’s away from each others with the drilling machine and anti termite chemicals is injected in the holes.

But for on field control measures please contact the nearest PCI department immediately as they have good contol measures for termites.

finexindia

simple

simplest method, introduce half a dozen country hens depending on the no of plants u have planted , they will eat the termites and grow healthy, and u get free eggs too... ( additional income )

contact me for any further advise

sainathan

Termite control

Dear sir,

Use simply CHLORPYRIFOS 20% EC @ 10 TO 15ML/WATER AND POUR NEAR TO ROOT ZONE OF EVERY SEEDLING.
This will take care for 10 yeras. Use only standard companies like EXCEL CROP CARE,BASF,CHEMINOVA,UPL,GHARDA etc)

K.SAINATHAN
QUOTE=pbblj;89870]Dear all,
I planted Casurina for fencing purposes in my farm. On the first day after plantation, I observed some saplings were cut from above the ground by termites. On advice from my father, I applied Bromocresol powder. Now above the ground attacks have been minimised. However, yesterday ( 10 day after plantation) I observed that roots were under attack. What should i do to save the saplings? How much water do the plants need? I would be very grateful if any body could help me with this problem.[/QUOTE]

vandanatatra

Solution to Termite problem

Drench the soil with chloropyriphos @1.5 ml per litre of water. But take care that the drenching should be atleast one feet away from the main plant/trunk. repeat the treatment within 10-15 days interval.

You may also use cow urine @ 1 ml per litre of water at frequent intervals.

Vandana Tatra
Agri Consultant

mohammedjali

friend be friendly with your mother nature dont use chemicals. there are excellent ways to move termites just spray the solution of panchakaviya and also grow some country hens to avoid these and ather insects also. you can use google search to make your own pancha kavia . basically it is a mixture of cowdung its urine then milk ghee or ground nut husk and cocnut toddy. this would be exllent way with enriching the nature of soil.
Dear all,
I planted Casurina for fencing purposes in my farm. On the first day after plantation, I observed some saplings were cut from above the ground by termites. On advice from my father, I applied Bromocresol powder. Now above the ground attacks have been minimised. However, yesterday ( 10 day after plantation) I observed that roots were under attack. What should i do to save the saplings? How much water do the plants need? I would be very grateful if any body could help me with this problem.

aryancropcare

pest problem.

Dear Sir,
I understand the problem is causing much problems on field.Chlorpyriphos is an option for killing the pests,but not sure if it could last for 10 years as mentioned by another friend.But I would say, synthetic pesticides could harm the plant and soil in longer term.However, using herbal & organic pesticides should be tried before the last option.
We do offer solution to similar pest problems with Our products ,however you may try locally available natural solution, else may contact us for solution to this pest problem. We give a long term solution for this pest problem.

Feel free to contact me for any further assistance.

Regards,

Nirav