Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

How can get help from agriculture department of andhra pradesh?

Register

Click Here!

arunteja

Hello
sir, i have 5acers dryland (chowdu boomi) in anantapur dist, andhrapradesh, i dig borewell about 250 fts and get a water of 3inches and build a compound(fancing) around my land and import 1000 loads of red,black soil in my land and mix it well and i prepared for cultivation. at last some peoples says that the dryland(chowdu boomi) is never to cultivate any crops it is waste for agriculture. so ireally disapointed,is the dry land is posible to cultivate ? if posible how can i do it? and which crop is sutable for my land? if drip irrigation is needed or not?i planned drumsticks cultivation is right desision? if i have any help from agri dept/ ap govt? is they help like subsidey seeds , crop loan, land devolepment funds, etc.., i am lot of confused pls help me .., thankyou

Ashwini

Hello Arun,

Since you have a borewll , you can go in for drumstick cultivation. VAriety Bhagya is popular and in demand. By use of drip irrigation , the efficiency of water usage is increased and you will not waste the water available. YOu can go in for drip. Initially have you tested the soil and water. If not, please go ahead get them analysed. Subsidies are available for drip irrigation. Please approach the nearest Agriculture or Horticulture department for details on subsidy in AP.

REgards
Ashwini S

arunteja

Dear madam! is only drumsticks is sutable for my land? or any other vegetable crops like brinjal, tomato, guar gum, or pumkin(vellai pusanikkai in tamil) etc.., is sutable for my land ? if its possible pls give me same detiles about the crop cultivation, n land preperation etc.., thanks for ur prev reply..,

Ashwini

Hello Arun,

You can grow vegetables in red soil. For that as I said, if you could get the soil analysed, based on results of pH and other factors cultivation of vegetables would be ideal.
For example.. here is the cultivation details for pumpkin

Climate & Soil: Warm humid climate.It requires a deep well drained loamy soil.
Season: January-March, September-December and May- August. Sowing the crop in October can prevent mosaic to a certain level.
Seed rate: 1-1.5 kg/ha
Spacing: Pits of 60 cm diameter and 30-45 cm depth are taken at a spacing of 4.5 x 2.0 m.Four of five seeds are sown per pit. Remove unhealthy plants after 2 weeks and retain three plants per pit.
Nutrient management : Apply FYM @ 20-25 t/ha as basal dose along with half dose of N (35 kg) and full dose of P2O5 (25 kg) and K2O (25 kg). The remaining dose of N (35 kg) can be applied in two equal split doses at the time of vining and at the time of full blooming.

REgards
Ashwini S