Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

Holstein Friesian cross breed cows farming

Register

Click Here!

san7gup

Hi guys,
I am planning to set up a cattle farm in Gujarat with Holstein Friesian cross breed cows. I have few queries, as i am new to this industry.. Please clear my doubt

1. What would be the cost for one Holstein Friesian cross breed in india, as I am looking an average 20-25 litres everyday from a cow ....
2. Where I can get these breed in india ?
3. Whether this breed is fit for Gujarat ?
4. What would be the average daily expense for a single cow ?

I will happy to hear from u guys.

Thanx in advance.

Regards,

msaiprasad

clearance of ur doubts

1. Cost of a H.F. cow will be Rs.2,500-Rs.3,000 per litre produced. Means if the cow yields 20 lit/day then it costs around Rs.50,000-60,000 depending upon its status.
2. Anand, Bangalore, Erode.
3. Ya, its fit for gujarat, but go for not more than 75% pure HF breed.
4. daily expense: for feed and fodder-Rs.100-120. Labour: Rs.15 others:Rs.15.

-Regards

Last edited by a moderator:

drsarkar

GGDFCS India's Dairy Vision & Project Development .

Dear Mr San7gup ,

We can support and provide you A - Z Dairy Project Consultancy services ..We are very close to Gujarat and some Large Dairy Project discussions under pipeline .. You will get Registered / Certified HF and Jersey Cows , Gir & Sahiwal Pure Indian Breeds , Mehsani , Murrah , Bani & Zafarwadi elite buffaloes with routine Farm management services from us ..

As for us as GGDFCS – Dr. Sarkar and Team

We are the Team of Dairy Project Consultancy Services from Rajasthan & M.P. Plz contact us for any complete Dairy Project from 100 to 5000 animals farm with farm-linked milk processing units , loose + semi loose + tethering system of housing , shed hygiene and sanitation , farm feed unit , fodder preservation systems , animals health and treatment systems , breeding and A.I. systems , routine farm mgmt. and work analysis , machine milking with milking management , calving & labour management , basic trainings to dairy staff , biogas unit , herd selection and control etc.. For 220 animals - you have to construct 4 nos. of T-T shed with each capacity of 60 cow/buffaloes with one shed for calves and heifers.. the actual design and estimates will finalize after land survey of project area for accuracy of measurements ..We have basket of choice for your project from 100 animals to 5000 herd strength within 24 months as per our consultancy norms ..for design of comfort sheds , it is essential to floor types , slopes , animal to animal distance , manger height , tethering hooks , shallow channel , sunrise / sunset directions , water trough , open area facilities with basic structures etc.. Any way , if you want to contact with us ,plz mail us : .. We had completed our Ph.D. from PAU , Ludhiana last 19 yrs back and more than 24 yrs. exposure in this field .. We have all solutions for your queries of Dairy . Please send your contact details as PM ..

With all best wishes ,

Hi guys,
I am planning to set up a cattle farm in Gujarat with Holstein Friesian cross breed cows. I have few queries, as i am new to this industry.. Please clear my doubt

1. What would be the cost for one Holstein Friesian cross breed in india, as I am looking an average 20-25 litres everyday from a cow ....

Thanx in advance.

Regards,

Last edited by a moderator:

jai670

Hi,

How is your project? What is your status now?

Did you set up the dairy as per your plan?

Did you buy the HF as you had mentioned or did you proceed with a practical option like having the most suitable breed for your particular area & then inseminate .. for a good CB cow? This would have given you a sturdy CB comfortable in the local area while producing good quantity of milk..

Kindly share your experience...

Thanks & regards

Hi guys,

Thanx in advance.

Regards,

mayank218

Hi,

I am from New Delhi. I am interested in setting up a fully automate dairy farm near Delhi/NCR. Have you setup any such farms near this area. If yes, Do you have any project reports for the said plant. Also do you have integrated solutions for the setup of the entire plant.

am40802

Please can you provide me your contact details

Hi Team,

Thanks for your information.Please can you provide me your contact information.We want to establish dairy farm for around 100 animals initially, later we will increase in number.My location is near to Ratlam Distirct In MP.

Thanks
Am40802

Dear Mr San7gup ,

We can support and provide you A - Z Dairy Project Consultancy services ..We are very close to Gujarat and some Large Dairy Project discussions under pipeline .. You will get Registered / Certified HF and Jersey Cows , Gir & Sahiwal Pure Indian Breeds , Mehsani , Murrah , Bani & Zafarwadi elite buffaloes with routine Farm management services from us ..

As for us as GGDFCS – Dr. Sarkar and Team

We are the Team of Dairy Project Consultancy Services from Rajasthan & M.P. Plz contact us for any complete Dairy Project from 100 to 5000 animals farm with farm-linked milk processing units , loose + semi loose + tethering system of housing , shed hygiene and sanitation , farm feed unit , fodder preservation systems , animals health and treatment systems , breeding and A.I. systems , routine farm mgmt. and work analysis , machine milking with milking management , calving & labour management , basic trainings to dairy staff , biogas unit , herd selection and control etc.. For 220 animals - you have to construct 4 nos. of T-T shed with each capacity of 60 cow/buffaloes with one shed for calves and heifers.. the actual design and estimates will finalize after land survey of project area for accuracy of measurements ..We have basket of choice for your project from 100 animals to 5000 herd strength within 24 months as per our consultancy norms ..for design of comfort sheds , it is essential to floor types , slopes , animal to animal distance , manger height , tethering hooks , shallow channel , sunrise / sunset directions , water trough , open area facilities with basic structures etc.. Any way , if you want to contact with us ,plz mail us : .. We had completed our Ph.D. from PAU , Ludhiana last 19 yrs back and more than 24 yrs. exposure in this field .. We have all solutions for your queries of Dairy . Please send your contact details as PM ..

With all best wishes ,