Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

Help Regarding Goat Farming

Register

Click Here!

khawar

Hi...
i am from Pakistan and i m new here n also very very bigginer in the field of agriculture.. nor i have any background .. but i m here because i m intrested in goat farmiung .. as i have seen so much profit in this bussiness well can any one guide me how can i begin goat farming which type of land i need and which type of food and supplement i should use and how can i increase numbers in goat? well i want to start it in a less budget ..
waiting for your replies..!!

lingappa

consultancy for setting up goat farm

Hi...
i am from Pakistan and i m new here n also very very bigginer in the field of agriculture.. nor i have any background .. but i m here because i m intrested in goat farmiung .. as i have seen so much profit in this bussiness well can any one guide me how can i begin goat farming which type of land i need and which type of food and supplement i should use and how can i increase numbers in goat? well i want to start it in a less budget ..
waiting for your replies..!!

Dear Sir,

Thank you for the response. I give consultancy in the following activities:-

1.selection of land for goat farm

2.construction of shed

3.development of fodder & feeding schedule

4.selection and procurement of breeds.

5.Medical advice and other Management activities

I will provide all the required information through a CD or by e-mail for a fees

of Rs.10,000/- for setting up goat farm or by making visits with extra charges of 100 per

goat with a minimum of Rs.10,000/. And we undertake Goat project on Turn key basis also.

LINGAPPA PORLA, M.Sc.,
Please contact....
1. Why do goat rearing?
Goat is a multi functional animal and plays a significant role in the economy and Goat rearing is an enterprise which has been practiced by a large section of population in rural areas. Goats can efficiently survive on available shrubs and trees in adverse harsh environment in low fertility lands where no other crop can be grown. In pastoral and agricultural subsistence societies, goats are kept as a source of additional income and as an insurance against disaster. Goats are also used in ceremonial feastings and for the payment of social dues. In addition to this, goat has religious and ritualistic importance in many societies. The advantages of goat rearing are :
i) The initial investment needed for Goat farming is low.
ii) Due to small body size and docile nature, housing requirements and managemental problems with goats are less.
iii) Goats are friendly animals and enjoy being with the people.
iv) Goats are prolific breeders and achieve sexual maturity at the age of 10-12 months gestation period in goats is short and at the age of 16-17 months it starts giving milk. Twinning is very common and triplets and quadruplets are rare.
v) In drought prone areas risk of goat farming is very much less as compared to other livestock species.
vi) Unlike large animals in commercial farm conditions both male and female goats have equal value.
vii)Goats are ideal for mixed species grazing. The animal can thrive well on wide variety of thorny bushes, weeds, crop residues, agricultural by-products unsuitable for human consumption.
viii) Under proper management, goats can improve and maintain grazing land and reduce bush encroachment (biological control) without causing harm to the environment.
ix) No religious taboo against goat slaughter and meat consumption prevalent in the country.
x) Slaughter and dressing operation and meat disposal can be carried without much environmental problems.
xi) The goat meat is more lean (low cholesterol) and relatively good for people who prefer low energy diet especially in summer and sometimes goat meat (chevon) is preferred over mutton because of its "chewability"
xii)Goat milk is easy to digest than cow milk because of small fat globules and is naturally homogenised. Goat milk is said to play a role in improving appetite and digestive efficiency. Goat milk is non allergic as compared to cow milk and it has anti-fungal and anti bacterial properties and can be used for treating urogenital diseases of fungal origin
xiii) Goats are 2.5 times more economical than sheep on free range grazing under semi arid conditions.
xiv) Goat creates employment to the rural poor besides effectively utilising unpaid family labour. There is ample scope for establishing cottage industries based on goat meat and milk products and value addition to skin and fibre.
xv)Goat is termed as walking refrigerator for the storage of milk and can be milked number of times in a day.

Last edited by a moderator:

sajid07860

goat farming

i think u should do it in your own country.The land n climate is same as in our india.Here besides doing goat farming u will train people for terrorism.

ahir

Dear Khawar,
what is your exact place in pakistan, perhaps i can help you.
send me your email id...
Please contact...
i will you send you the material i have collected when i started at your place.

Regards,

rosetvm

Goat farm in Kerala.

If anyone interested to establish a small goat farm in Kerala and have your own land I can help you.

Please reply with your contact details. I have also F1 Boar goats. The parent boar goats are offspring of Australien import.

rosetvm

Last edited:

rthom33

I am interested in goat farming

Hi,

I am planning to develop a goat farming, can you help in achieving this. Whats your contact no.

Rejeev