Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

Green house

Register

Click Here!

vatsalbhagora

Hello,
I need information about Green house project.
i want to establish green house in gujarat.
i have 5 hectare agriculture land.
want to start with 1 acre.

Ashwini

Hello Sir,

Greenhouse can be established. Initially u will have to decide the of greenhouse. The NHB offers subsidy for cultivation under greenhouse. YOu can start with 1 acre of land. Initially you can go with the low cost greenhouse

Low cost or low tech greenhouse
Low cost greenhouse is a simple structure constructed with locally available materials such as bamboo, timber etc. The ultra violet (UV) film is used as cladding materials. Unlike conventional or hi-tech greenhouses, no specific control device for regulating environmental parameters inside the greenhouse are provided. Simple techniques are, however, adopted for increasing or decreasing the temperature and humidity. Even light intensity can be reduced by incorporating shading materials like nets. The temperature can be reduced during summer by opening the side walls. Such structure is used as rain shelter for crop cultivation. Otherwise, inside temperature is increased when all sidewalls are covered with plastic film. This type of greenhouse is mainly suitable for cold climatic zone.
Cost involved
1. Less expensive greenhouse without fan and pad Rs.300 to 500/m2

2. Medium cost greenhouse with pad and fan system Rs.800 to Rs.1100/m2
without automation

3. Expensive greenhouses with fully automatic Rs.2000 to Rs.3500/m2
control system

Regards
Ashwini S