Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

Grass eradication

Register

Click Here!

mihir1974

I have a farm land in Badlapur. Since it is devoid of vegetation, lot of grass grows there upto a height of 5 feet. We tried culling it before maturing / flowering but without success. I dont want to use weedicides. Can anyone suggest a remedy to eradicate it ?

padmanabhan_ganesan

Dear mihir1974,

1. You can have couple of cows or a few goats on your own which will eat all the grass.
2. You can request your neighbour land owners if they have the above to host them in your land so that you both can get mutually benefited.

I am not sure whether you are having any plants or doing anything in the land. If that is not the case, you do not have to worry about the grass as they will enhance the soil.

Regards
Padmanabhan Ganesan

biofarms

control weeds

Sir,
Fist step to erradicate grass is to prevent falling of sunlight to soil.

In you case is concerned plse cut the grasses first and cultivate the land.

Then grow hybrid Napier 1 m x 1m spacing .in between the rows grow maize/sorghum
another option
alone grow dual pupose sorghum give chemical fertilizers as per recommendation. It will prevent the light penetration , and the weeds become weaker.
Thank you
sureshkumar,MSc(Ag.Biotech),PGDBM,PhD Scholar(Biotech)
d.s.sureshkumar68@gmail.com

mihir1974

Dear Mr. Padmanabhan Ganeshan / Dr. D.S Suresh kumar

Many thanks members for your valuable suggestions. Since the land area is quite big and we are unable to cultivate the entire land, I can perhaps put to use all these techniques. Thank you once again !