Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

Goat Farming

Register

Click Here!

ashish_pippal

goat projet

GOAT PROJECT COST
3, 50,000/-[/SIZE][/SIZE]

1st January __3 months old kids__1unit__42 goats__40 female+2 Male

31st March__3+3 months__6 months__Maturity stage

Female pregnancy period__150-152 days__5 Months

1 Female__2 to 3 Kids

31th August__80:120 Kids

GOAT BREED (JAMNAPARI,OSMANABADI,SHIROHI)

28 February 1 goat will sale on 5,000/-

80x5,000 =4,00,000/- on 1st year

160x5,000=8,00,000/-2nd year

Total expense from next year (Per Year) 1,40,000/-

Payment Breakup:
1 1,30,000/- Animals booking
2 15,000/- Transportation Cost
3 30,000/- Medicine + Lab Fees (P.A.)
4 30,000/- Veterinary Fees Include Pregnancy & Feeding Assistance
5 20,000/- Consultation Fees of Company
6 1,00,000/- Food(Food by Godrej & Dabur) (P.A.)
7 10,000/- Insurance (P.A.)

At the Time Agreement – 1, 65, 000/-
After Delivery of Animals to Farm – 1, 85, 000/-

Note: The investor should have 1acre of land for Cultivation of various grasses Roman, Lucerne AND NH3.

pkishore

There is a National Institute for Research on Goats , Mathura , Makdum ....which conducts training in Goat Farming ... you can get in touch ...

kishore

can i have your contact nfo .pls reachme
please contact...

Last edited by a moderator:

asadrazvi2000

Dear Sir,
Let me introduce myself, I am Mustafa from Hyderabad working as Project Engineer in Abu Dhabi and this Goat Farming is my hobby, passion and my side business. This business is taken care by younger brother who is also an Engineer in Hyderabad.
Here are some tips for you brother.
You can take land any where you want but see the following points before purchasing
 Water in the land
 Near by village so that labour can be easily available
 Near by Vet nary Clinic
 Title of the land is clear is not or their any litigations or not
 Easy transport from your place
 With in your Budget
 Away from Naxalite area
 Check whether other farmers are their in that area or not

Before starting the goat farming it is very essential to acquire goat management skills as this will help you in knowing the advantages of goat farming over sheep farming or other small ruminants like rabbit, different types of goat breeds in India and which breeds will be more suitable and can survive in your environment of Climate, types of farming but I recommend you to do semi intensive farming as less usage of fodder can be used from your land and animals can get exercise which can also help the Goats to be active during Mating Season, feeding schedule, breeding methods such folk system, pen system and Artificial Insemination, types of diseases like PPR, ET, Goat Pox that will effect goats, labour and fodder management and many more Management Styles.

Don’t purchase the live stock from local market, planned the fodder according to seasons and in time, managing the labour properly, vaccinating the live stock at specific time and with experience Nurse, Keeping qualified doctors for advice, beware of the Goat disease out break in surrounding areas, don’t buy the Live stock during Rainy Season, precaution against like serious diseases during Rainy Season, Security of farm from outsiders and not to allow the farmers to enter in your farm who are coming from Goat Diseases affected area.

We are showing our interested in working with you on your project, we can not only supply you Pure Line and certified quality of Osmanabadi goats @ 150 Rs / kg which can be best suitable for your Climate but also we can act as your Design and Supervision Consultant and help you to Design a sustainable and economical shed, planting various type of fodder according to season and availability of land, giving you De worming and Vaccination Schedule, 24 x7 Service and many more service as agreed.
Here are the few advantages of Osmanabadi Breed:
1- These goats are native of Osmanabad which enjoys its border with A.P; Osmanabad has similar type of climate as some parts of A.P and Karnataka. These goats are also showing a very good performance in all the state as per the survey conducted by Krishi Vigyan Kedra. We are dealing weekly 20-30 inquiries from Oman and Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Bahrain which are more than 3000 Km from Osmanabad and also from Haryana, Punjab, U.P, Rajasthan and all Southern & Central States regarding this Breed .

2- Osmanabadi goat shows a very efficient reproductive performance and resistance against diseases not only in well managed semi stall feeding system but also in severe drought conditions. As per research conducted by NARI on Osmanabadi Goats in Maharashtra, in spite of drought which occurred in 2007 and 2008, there was no drop in the productivity rate of Osmanabad goat (Nimbkar, Pawar and Chavan 2010- NATIONAL SEMINAR on Stress Management in Small Ruminant Production and Product Processing Jaipur 29-31 January 2010)

3- The age at the first kidding is around 15 months with the lactation length of around 130 days. The dressing percentage varies from 55- 60 %. In favourable conditions the does will breed twice a year, twinning is very common and the milk yield ranged form 700 gm to 1500 gm.

4- From 30 kg live weight, you will get 18 kg of meat. In this 12 kg loss is due to non edible part of meat like Viscera, Hide, etc.

5- The leather of osmanabadi goat is fairly of good quality and its meat is preferred by majority of the rural and urban population in southern India.

6- In the end the weight of 6 months of Kid will be 22-25 Kg in well managed farm.

If you can purchase / have the land we can arrange for you project report on Osmanabadi Goats so that you can submit it to local bank for the loan approval it will take 2 months from initial start. Another thing Nabard Bank is providing 20% subside to new Goat farmers so please find out about this in your State.

NABARD's Model Bankable Projects

If you need any help and more details, please let me know.

ratilalsudani

Some notable Work on goat keeping is done in Maharashtra State

1 Goat farm, Rural Agriculture Institute, Narayangaon, Tal Junner, Dist Pune
2. Vigyan Ashram, Pabal, Tal Shirur, Dist. Pune
3 ATIC, Mahatma Krishi Vidyapith, Rahuri, Dist. Ahmednagar

You Can also contact me for detail:
Mr. R. B. Sudani [BRS (AG AH) PGDEE]
Director, Bhoojalshree Geotech Consultant( Gujarat)

mohangowda04

sir i am planning to start Dairy form along with Goat wit 2acer i need a training for goat wer can i get training for Goat form... Can you provid me the details...

akheeq

Sir,
Can you please share me the details of the contact person , addresses and the fees of the training

regs,

1 Goat farm, Rural Agriculture Institute, Narayangaon, Tal Junner, Dist Pune
2. Vigyan Ashram, Pabal, Tal Shirur, Dist. Pune
3 ATIC, Mahatma Krishi Vidyapith, Rahuri, Dist. Ahmednagar

You Can also contact me for detail:
Mr. R. B. Sudani [BRS (AG AH) PGDEE]
Director, Bhoojalshree Geotech Consultant( Gujarat)

anil17

We want to start Goat Farming near by Pune - Velha

Dear sir,

I am the founder secretary of "Pune Human Welfare Society", Pune

We have around 200 acres of land at Velha near by Pune.

We want to start new goat farming on multiple products facilities.

We want some consultant or any existing company of goat farming who is interested in Joint Venture Partnership or contract basis JV.

Thanks & regards,

Anil Patil

kizarmd

Dear Mr. Mustafa,
Thank you for your useful write up.
I am interested in Goat Farming. I have agri land in AP. I am getting all the in puts. I shall be retiring from service next year and take up Goat Farming as I am also passionate about it. Kindly let me know your contact details.
I shall be touch with you.
Thank you,
Yours truly,
Dr. K. Kizar Mohamed
kizarmd@gmail.com

syedharoon27

Assalamalikum Mustafa Bhai.

This is Syed Haroon from bangalore karnataka, With the view of starting a sheep and goat farm I have constructed 25x60 sqft shed for the purpose o breeding good quality sheep and goat breeds, The shed constructed is in a village which is 80kms away from bangalore.
As I'm starting this business newly and have less knowledge about the business I need some guidance.
I have read your post and its a very useful information , As now I'm looking out buy some good breeds of pure line blood goats and sheeps , I'm intrested to buy some osamabadi goats can you please send me some details on the purchase of these breeds in bangalore.
you can contact me @ 8892137876 or syedharoon27@gmail.com.

Thanks and Regards, Allah hafiz
Haroon