Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

goat farm

Register

Click Here!

rashid15

hi.
i m new here.i want to settal agoat farm with 100 goats.
i want to know.
witch kind of goat i should perchase witch will born kids more then one.
what will b the expances aproximatly.
tell me about aera ,shade and feedings.
output per year.
Please contact..

Last edited by a moderator:

asadrazvi2000

Dear Sir,

Nice to see new faces on this website. Its good you are interested in Goat farming.
You should purchase the meat goat with twinning like Osmanabadi, Sangameri and Malabari . we can supply you osmanabadi females at 150 Rs/kg from Hyderanbad.

Regarding Shed & Goats

The area for the shed can be as follows (i.e. – 14000 Sq ft inside the Shed for protecting against Robbers in Night, bad weather+ 28000 Sq ft outside, this you can use for feeding the Goats in hay racks, water and relaxing)
Inside shed- 14 Sqft / Goat
Outside space- 28 Sqft / Goat

The information is for 1000 goats but you can start initially with 150 or 200 Goats as per your Budget and expand your live stock as money and time permits you. I am telling you since it is very hard to expand the shed in future so plan the area of shed and grow to the extent you can manage

Costs of the shed + yours and labour accommodation you have to check locally in your area but you can reduce the cost as per the site condition and availability of labour and material on time from near by locations.

For 150 Goats you need 1 Skilled labour + 1 Helper (Salary- 5500 for skilled + 3500 for helper)

I recommend you to do semi stall feeding( stall feeding + 0nly 3 hours Natural Grazing) because the animals will get good exercise, they will active for mating and the fodder from the land can also be saved to some extent which can lead to reduction in Running Cost.

The cost can be divided in 2 mainly Capital Cost and Running Cost.

Capital Cost Comprises of amount required for purchasing the Live Stock, constructing the shed, accommodation and toilets for you and your labour, water troughs and feeders, fodder cutting machine and other small expenses like ears tags if you have your own land.

It is very good if you can take any land with poultry shed on lease and start goat farming as many people who are in shortage of money are doing this by taking my advice.

Running Cost includes cost incur from salaries of labour, vaccination, light and water, transportation and fodder maintenance

You can grow the fodder like Maize, Jawar, Hybrid Napier RBN13, Lucerne, Stylo Scabra, Subabul and Bajra for your Goats if you are sending the animals for Grazing also.

You have to grow Monocotyledons which comprises of Maize, Jawar, Hybrid Napier, Gunea Grass , Oats and Para grass. These fodders are rich in energy and are used for supplying energy to animals and this should contain 66% of the diet.

Secondly you have to also grow Dicotyledons like Stylo , Lucerne, Berseem and Subabul. These fodders are rich in protein and helps in Body building of animals and Milk Production.

Please contact your local Agriculture University or Contact Sharma, seed Supplier in M.P at 9630097787 and give my reference, Mustafa from Shine Farms Hyderabad and ask him to give best quality of seeds at reasonable price and fast delivery.

Note: we buy all over seeds from him only.

bestfoundation

goat farming

Mr. Syed Mustafa Hussain Razvi has given very practical reply to you. I really congratualte Mr. Syed Mustafa Hussain Razvi for this.

For the farmers from Pondicherry and Tamil Nadu ( and now also started to extend to Kerala and Karnataka...) my NGO called Best Foundation is doing the following servises. You can contact Best Foundation if you are from Tamil Nadu or Pondicherry.
The services offered by Best Foundation.

Best Foundation is a voluntary organization working mainly among the livestock rearing farmers.
The following are the services offered by Best Foundation.
1. It prepares the farmers to go in for the integrated livestock and agricultural farming.
2. It acts as a facilitator between the Bank and the farmers and arranges loan from the Bank.
3. It helps the farmers to cultivate the fodder crops.
4. It helps the farmers to build the proper shed.
5. It supplies the healthy animals for breeding.
6. It arranges concentrate feed to the farmers.
7. It helps the farmers to have insurance for the shed, animals and for the farmers.
8. It conducts veterinary camps every month.
9. It sends monthly stock report to the Bank.
10. It sells the animals high prices and deposits the amount in the Bank account of the farmer.
11. It helps the farmers to go in for expansion of the project.
12. It helps the farmers to have federation.

Philip Benis
Best Foundation ( livestock rearing farmers’ welfare organization)
62, Villianur Road,
Mulakulam,
Pondicherry-605010.
Ph: 0413 2290142, M: 9442038845, M: 9443438532
Web site: Best Foundation
bestfoundationg@gmail.com

alpha449

Mr.Mustafa,
Very informative article indeed with depth and excellent input.
Must commend you for the details.
I'm venturing into this field shortly and i need your help and guidance
as im a novice in this line.
I'm given to understand that mutton from sheep is a better seller than goat meat which is coarse and not tender.
Cud u plz. high light the difference and elaborate if the same conditions apply for rearing sheep or goats as explained in your article.
Thxs,
Fond Regards,
Niaz Ahmed

rashid15

thanks for all to reply.
i m sorry from all of u. b coz i forgot to write that i m from pakistan (desert aera of bhawalpur)not tottly desert.i have 6acrs of land.

We are very glade to inform you that our company “Greentech Organic Hydroponics Systems” manufacture a unit for the Maize/ Wheat grass fodder production in which you can produce Maize/ Wheat seedling by hydroponics techniques (Soil less culture) so it will ultimately produce microbes free, 100% organic healthy lush green seedlings of Maize/ Wheat grass fodder with less cost and in small area of 8ft x 4ft x 10ft with fully automated system, which can help you to boost up the production of Maize/ Wheat grass fodder in any climate condition with less input cost.