Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

Goat Farm Solutions

Register

Click Here!

rajeev48

sir
i want to start a new goat farm.
plz send me details about loan & banks as well as complete farm set up.

Last edited by a moderator:

smy82482

Dear rajeev48,
For bank loan and subsidy,please read my previous posts,they are explained in details.
For setting up a new goat farm you must have to gain complete detail knowledge on goat farming,by attending goat farm trainings at your nearest kvk or follow their goat farm project report.
Regards,
DR.Shaikh

dattaj

in am imtsred foir this business, i have basic requurement ans water, land and labour, so can u help me to set the goat farming

nreddy10

Need Information on Sheep farming

Dear Dr.SHAIKH,

Greeting

This is Naresh from Hyderabad, I'm planing to start a sheep farming business, as i'm having land with water facility( 3 Acres) please let me know the details of,

as i'm completely having no knowledge in this.

* how many animals i can accommodate
* required area for fodder cultivation.
* what would be cost incurred in setting up complete farm for future prospectus.
* what are the best breeds for starting.
* what are challenges faced in this business.

thanks in advance, please let me know ASAP.

Thanks & Regards,
K.Naresh

smy82482

in am imtsred foir this business, i have basic requurement ans water, land and labour, so can u help me to set the goat farming
Dear dattaj,
Goat farming is a long process and it takes plenty of time to have a complete knowledge on goat framing, it cant be just explain on forum in short.For complete detail knowledge on goat farming you must have to go for goat farming training from any KVK or have to follow the project report from any goat farming experts.
Regards,
Dr.Shaikh

smy82482

goat farm set up expenditures

Dear Dr.SHAIKH,

Greeting

This is Naresh from Hyderabad, I'm planing to start a sheep farming business, as i'm having land with water facility( 3 Acres) please let me know the details of,

as i'm completely having no knowledge in this.

* how many animals i can accommodate
* required area for fodder cultivation.
* what would be cost incurred in setting up complete farm for future prospectus.
* what are the best breeds for starting.
* what are challenges faced in this business.

thanks in advance, please let me know ASAP.

Thanks & Regards,
K.Naresh
Dear K.Naresh,
In 3 acres of land you can breed 60 female and 3 male goats.A small part nearly 2000sqft area is required for shed,and the remaining area for the cultivation of fodder to these goats and their kids,through out the year.
The cost depend on the infrastructures that you have and also on the type of goat breed that you will breed and the practices that would be carried out when you will start your goat farm.Before starting a goat farm you must have to gain complete detail knowledge on goat farming,which further decides the management of your goat farm.The cost in setting up a farm changes very month as the iron(metal) prices gets fluctuates every month,also the cost changes from state to state,depends on material used in building a goat farm,avalabilty of workers.It is lowest for the traditional goat farms where as very high for high-tech stall feed goat farms.
The cost in setting up a farm can’t be given on forum,as it changes where as the post sticks here for many years.If a person reads todays post with todays expenditure rate(if I have given the exact cost here) after 1 year,there will be lots of misunderstandings for him as lots of readers wont read the dates of the posts, they simply reads the post and expects that they will get same expenditures for their farm,which where given on forum 1 or 2 years back.
For starting a goat farm in Hyderabad the best breed is osmanabadi only,as it gets easily accomadate to Hyderabad’s climatic conditions,has more kidding percentage and high meat palatability. It has a ready to sell market in A.P as osmanabadi breed has avery high demand in A.P
The main challenges that can be face are fodder availability for goats(low cost fodder for 365 days) and mortality in kids as it merely depends on your goat farming practices.
Regards,
Dr.shaikh
www.osmanabadigoat.com
www.goatfarm.co.in
www.goatfarming.net

boxtech

Folder gluer machine, Folding and gluing machine, Folder gluer machine manufacturers

Boxtech Bangalore is one of the leading Indian manufacturers of

bmes

Dust Collector manufacturers

BMES specializes in Dust Collector, Dust Collectors, Dust Collection Systems and Industrial B]Dust Collectors Equipment Manufacturers[/B][/URL] in Bangalore, India

for more info
visit us:

riazk

want to start a goat farm..

hello shaikh sir,
i m interested in starting a goat farm as a full time business. i stay at ambarnath near kalyan [mumbai]. please let me know how sucessfull is this business,.i dont have own land so will have to get one on rent. here in kalyan which breeds should be reared and does govt gives any help like loan or subsidy.. and where can i get knowledge both practically and theortically. where do i get the market to sell goats once they are full grown. if we compare poultry farming and goat farming as a business which one is profitable and less risky. also let me know nabard office near kalyan..
waiting for your reply.

riaz.k.shaikh

Last edited:

smy82482

goat farming business

Dear riaz.k.shaikh,
Goat farming is the most profitable business nowadays when its managed well.The profitability depends on ones goat farming management and practices.
In kalyan, osmanabadi goat breed is best for breeding purpose,osmanabadi goat meat has a great demand in every part of country,so there is no problem in marketing of these goats that too at affordable price rates,which you wont find in any other goat breed.Govt. provides loan and subsidy only when you have your own land,mainly the goat farming schemes are for farmers only.
You can get the practical and theoretical and practical knowledge on goat farming from any KVK or our goat farming project report and DVD.
The market for selling the goats is your farm only,once you inform your nearby butchers that you have open a goat farm,they will readily buy the goats from you for meat purpose as they have to travel long in search of goats for meat ,due to scarcity and lower production.
Cant say of poultry as we are goat farming experts ,not know to much about poultry.You can ask poultry experts regarding the poultry business.
Contact your districts Livestock development office,to get the details of NABARD, of your area.
Regards,
Dr.shaikh

enguru

best goat

hello sir i have planning at madurai, which verity goat is best in our soil condition and what is the best feeder pls give information
thank you

enguru

Here u can ask your questions regarding goat farm.I will answer u the best solutions for it.No charges for any suggestions and consultation.Its free of cost.

I can help u in following points:
*Government schemes for goat farms
*Government subsidy
*Loan obtained for goat farm,required documents.
*which bank provides u the loan
*Fodder
*Best variety of goats
AND MANY MORE.

post your questions here only.N u will get your reply here,very soon.

dr.Shaikh
websites:
Osmanabadi Goat
www.goatfarm.co.in
www.goatfarming.net
Email:
contact@goatfarm.co.in
contact@goatfarming.net

smy82482

Dear enguru,
As per climatic conditions of Madurai T.N ,the best goat breed suitable is osmanabadi and thalacherry.Osmanabadi goat provides higher profit rates than other breed,as it is having highest yielding capacity in kids and milk,has high meat palatability and ready to sell local market.
The best feed for goats are co4,lucern,maize,subabul,barseem stylo,African grass,sorghum,gini grass etc along with proper composition of concentrated fodder as shown in this table-http://www.osmanabadigoat.com/Updatesmore.aspx
Regards,
Dr.Shaikh

riazk

goat farming.

hello dr shaikh,
thanks for your feed back. well dr shaikh i have come across a person in karjat in raigad district maharashtra which is nearby to kalyan where i stay. what he has done is that he has brought breeds from indore which are around 7to 8 months old. he has bought them at around 7000 to 8000 per piece depending on their size and now he is kept them in a norml shed. initially due to long distance travelling they were exhausted but now they are doing fine . he intends to feed them cabage leaves and the umber tree leaves along with some chana .his aim is to feed them grow and then sell them in deonar mandi mumbai during bakri eid. he tells me that riaz bhai even you do the same thing invest money in goats of around 7to8 months of age from rajasthan , m.pradesh .rear them 6 to 7 months before eid so that till eid they grow big in these 7to8 months time. then sell it off around 22000 to 30000 depending onthe goat and the customer. so dr.shaikh what would be your advise to me about this??
thanks...
riaz.shaikh

smy82482

Goat Farming For EID

Dear riaz.shaikh,
Yes lots of people does the same thing as this person has done.
After travelling of the goats from the long distance,ther is decrease in their weight due to high metabolic changes and strees so they misbehaves when they are bought to new place as all goats does the same thing.They regains the previous weight within 5-6 days as they get start accommodating to surroundings and starts eating the fodder.
Lots of bucks are sold at higher prices during Eid,so demand is high at that time.But to sell the bucks at higher prices,totally depends on the seller as they are sold by bargaining, so it totally depends on the seller that how he attracts his customers and the price depends on that.
Also there will be lots of bucks in the market,and lots of sellers who sells their bucks so you must have some experience how they gets sold.
To get the high weighed goats you have to fed them with concentrated fodder daily.You can feed cabbage leaves,and other leafy vegetables as green fodder if they are available at low prices.Have to Keep the fodder prices as low as possible as you have to feed these goats for 5-6 months.Also calculate the transport cost and have to stay in market for 3-4 days with your goats,so calculate that too.
In the end,all the above total cost will be nearly equal to selling price(avg.price) of the buck at the time of Eid.So to gain the profit you must have to sell it at higer price which depends on your selling skill,if you have that, then you can go for it,otherwise its not recommended.
Beside buying the bucks,buy the female goats(20 does and 1 buck),breed them and sell their kids in market in next Eid that will be much more profitable as compare to this.Once female goats are bought(2yrs of age) they gets breed for next 5-6 years,so you will get kids for at least next five years and this person(from karjat ) will buy this kids from you only as he wont have to travel so long to buy the goats as he easily gets the kids from you.
Regards,
Dr.Shaikh
hello dr shaikh,
thanks for your feed back. well dr shaikh i have come across a person in karjat in raigad district maharashtra which is nearby to kalyan where i stay. what he has done is that he has brought breeds from indore which are around 7to 8 months old. he has bought them at around 7000 to 8000 per piece depending on their size and now he is kept them in a norml shed. initially due to long distance travelling they were exhausted but now they are doing fine . he intends to feed them cabage leaves and the umber tree leaves along with some chana .his aim is to feed them grow and then sell them in deonar mandi mumbai during bakri eid. he tells me that riaz bhai even you do the same thing invest money in goats of around 7to8 months of age from rajasthan , m.pradesh .rear them 6 to 7 months before eid so that till eid they grow big in these 7to8 months time. then sell it off around 22000 to 30000 depending onthe goat and the customer. so dr.shaikh what would be your advise to me about this??
thanks...
riaz.shaikh

milind99

land for goat fodder

Dear Dr shaikh,
How many acres are enough to cultivate fodder for 100 female goats,some says that 2-3 acres are enough.Whats your opininon about it?
Regards
milind

smy82482

Dear milind99,
For 100 breeding female goats 5 acres of land is required.
Others says 2-3 acres,coz they think of 100 goats only as you are thinking, but its not like that,lets look how-
When you say of 100 goats,each goat gives birth to at least 2 kids in 1 year(considering at least 1 kid per cycle of 5 months,kids depends on type of goat breed),so in in 1 year 100 goats gives birth to 200 kids,so in 1 year you will have total of 300 goats which you have to feed them 365 days.so when you say of 100 goats you have to think the fodder of 300 goats.
Each adult goats requires 3-4kg of green fodder and 1kg of concentrated fodder or silage,so you have to cultivate different fodder crops to obtain these fodders from your farm.Buying of concentrated fodder from market will surely increase your expenditures on fodder,so it must have to be cultivate on farm only.
Also the land requirement depends on type of soil(fertile or semi fertile),water availability to grow fodder crops,type of crops that you cultivate.
Regards,
Dr.Shaikh

milind99

informative goat information

Dear Shaikh
you put out the most interesting and informative goat information. I also appreciate the academic content in some of the articles. I am a novice at this but learning so much. Thank you for sharing your knowledge and please continue providing us precious knowledge on goat farming.Once again thank you very much,God bless you.
Regards,
Milind