Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

Goat Farm Solutions

Register

Click Here!

bhuv2n

hai sir

i am very interest to start a goat but i do know the formalities. i had 3acers .so can u please give me a details to start a form. i know few variety of goats and say which one is the best for farming

bhuv2n

smy82482

Goat breed

hai sir

i am very interest to start a goat but i do know the formalities. i had 3acers .so can u please give me a details to start a form. i know few variety of goats and say which one is the best for farming

bhuv2n
bhuv2n,
you r from which place.If i know u r place,i would tell you more about the best breed of your region.
Otherwise osmanabadi goat breed is best in all parts of our country.They accomodates easily in any climatic conditions(summer,winter or rainy).They are less diseases resistant as compare to any other goat breed in india.Their reproductive capacity is high.The palatability of meat and quality of skin leather is high as compare to other breeds.

milind99

Thanks smy82482 for starting such a wonderful thread.Your solutions are very scientific and very helpful knowledge regarding goat farming.
Where i can get training for goat farming?

smy82482

goat farm training

Dear milind99,
Thanks for your support and appreciation.
U can get training on goat farm in krishi vidynan kendra of your district.Just visit and ask them,they will tell u the dates of training batches.Also visit government industrial department and animal husbandry department of your place.They will surely help you regarding training of goat farm.Apart from this there are other private training centres in india providing you training from 1day to 1year.

milind99

Answers of goat farm

Thanks smy82482,
for your valuable answers.I
m really impress with your solutions.Your answer to my query was really helpful to me.You are doing a great job.Plz carry on.Once again thanks a lot for helping me.

sujit11

Training

hi! Sir, i want goat training in Marathwada or near pune so plz if u know any farm or institute then give me t addres, contacts no.
-Thanks.

smy82482

Goat farm training

U can get goat farm training
near pune at these centres.
1.KEM Hospital research centre,sardar moodliar road,rasta peth,pune.
2.MITCON,Kubera chambers,shivajinagar pune.
3.Aisian institute of goat farming,jogeshwari west,mumbai.
4.Vanchit vikas narayan peth,behind modi ganpati pune.

mabrar

I have a question to clarify on feeding of goat. I know that, as thump of rule 10% of body weight green fodder should be given. My doubt is about how often we should feed the goat? Is that enough to give morning and evening ? (it means 5% of body weight morning and evening). Please advise me on this case.

shivaraju

Sheep form on contract land.

Hi,
I am Shivaraju son of agriculturist, I started a small sheep form of 20 numbers, in contract land since i don't have own land. I would like to expand the form upto 1000 numbers, In our place another 10 acre of land is available for long term contract

my question are
1) Is there any bank which can provide loan on contract land,
2) If loan given whether the NABARD subsidy available,

Can please suggest me.

Shivaraju

smy82482

Sheep farm on contract land

Dear shivaraju,
1.No,u can get any loan on contract land.The land must be on the name of you or your father,then only u will get the loan.As bank keeps this land for security purpose.
2.NABARD Cannot provide u any loan and subsidy.The NABARD schemes are strictly for farm land owners.
With regards,
dr.Shaikh
www.goatfarm.20m.com

kiran76

Dear Sir,
Im kiran started goat farm in my village. how many goats require for start the farm. & provide me Government schemes for goat farms, subsidy & how much loan require for the same, which bank provides me the loan for the farm

smy82482

Dear kiran,
U can start goat farm with any number of goats.To earn handsome profit better to start with 100 goats.
NABARD offers u loan for goat farming only if u have your own agri land,coz that scheme is for only farmers.Visit your districts collector office,animal husbandry department for more information.U will get 25%-50% subsidy on loan amount depending on land available,caste(open or obc).Only nationalized bank provides u the loan under NABARD Schemes.
With regards,
dr.Shaikh
www.goatfarm.20m.com