Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

Goat breed and purchase place

Register

Click Here!

dsj1

Please let me know which breed i shoul select for goat farm (Place-Sangamner, Ahmednagar(Maharashtra)).

Let me know the place to purchase Osmanabadi breed (Some of my froienmds suggested me this breed)

Thanks and regards,
DSJ

kirti s

goat farming

Dear sir,
Pls visti nearest veternary department or agriculture university KVK/collage for further details.

regards

Kirti Niak

asadrazvi2000

Dear Sir,
This is Mustafa from Hyderabad. Nice to see nowadays more people in this goat business.
We are showing our interested in working with you on your project, we can not only supply you good and certified quality of Osmanabadi goats @ 155 Rs / kg which can suit your Climate but also we can act as your Design and Supervision Consultant and help you to Design a sustainable and economical shed, planting various type of fodder according to season and availability of land, giving you De worming and Vaccination Schedule, 24 x7 Service and many more service as agreed.
Here are the advantages of Osmanabadi Goats over other goats
1- These goats are native of Osmanabad which enjoys its border with A.P; Osmanabad has similar type of climate as some parts of A.P and Karnataka. These goats are also showing a very good performance in all the state as per the survey conducted by Krishi Vigyan Kedra. We are dealing weekly 10-15 inquiries from Oman and Saudi Arabia, Bahrain which are more than 3000 Km from Osmanabad and also from Haryana, Punjab, U.P, Rajasthan and Southern States regarding this Breed .

2- Osmanabadi goat shows a very efficient reproductive performance and resistance against diseases not only in well managed semi stall feeding system but also in severe drought conditions. As per research conducted by NARI on Osmanabadi Goats in Maharashtra, in spite of drought which occurred in 2007 and 2008, there was no drop in the productivity rate of Osmanabad goat.

3- The age at the first kidding is around 15 months with the lactation length of around 130 days. The dressing percentage varies from 55- 60 %. In favourable conditions the does will breed twice a year, twinning is common and the milk yield ranged form 700 gm to 1500 gm.

4- From 30 kg live weight, you will get 20-22 kg of meat. In this 7-10 kg loss is due to non edible part of meat like Viscera, Hide, etc.

5- The leather of osmanabadi goat is fairly of good quality and its meat is preferred by majority of the rural and urban population in southern India.

6- In the end the weight of 6 months of Kid will be 22-25 Kg in well managed farm.
If you need any help and more details, please let me know,

Regards
Syed Mustafa Hussain
syed@shinefarms.com

sharincb

start up

hhelp me out ion whic breed is suitable

My friends suugested me Sirohe and jamanapari

WHat type of climate is suitable

Please let me know which breed i shoul select for goat farm (Place-Sangamner, Ahmednagar(Maharashtra)).

Let me know the place to purchase Osmanabadi breed (Some of my froienmds suggested me this breed)

Thanks and regards,
DSJ
You can contact Dr. Shibi, , he will help you as he has a farm in Jalgoan, Maharastra. He will get you Osmanabadi breed at a good price.
Thanks
Michael

Last edited by a moderator: